What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OT Alec Ruth (Verbal to Kansas State)

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

1122416.jpg

Valor Christian H.S. (Highlands Ranch, CO)

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 290
40:

Rivals Rating: 2*-5.4rr; unranked OT
Scout Rating: 3*; #103 OT
ESPN Rating: 3*-79 grade; #31 OT
247s Rating: 2*-78 rating; #137 OT

Reported Offers: Harvard, Kansas State, Northern Colorado, Oregon State, San Diego State

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;Sd5AssXEwDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5AssXEwDo[/video]

[video=youtube;hapx4TVmwJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hapx4TVmwJk[/video]

Apparently fairly athletic as he plays basketball too:

[video=youtube;XpkYRpkyg9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpkYRpkyg9I[/video]

Imagine playing that big guy in high school basketball..... lol

Looks like a guy who should GS for us and would be better off having 6 years to get the ability and body in tune. The offer list is surprising.

There are different schools of thought when it comes to OL and QB for sure. A guy good for Alabama may not be the guy for Oregon.

In this case, it would seem that this kid would be a good fit for CSU which runs a Pro-Style not unlike Oregon State or San Diego State. The KSU offer is quite different though.

Comes down to what the position coach likes to work with as "starting material". Oline guys have 2-3 yrs generally before they are ready. Rips evaluation of QBs was much different than our current QB coach. I don't believe Dillon was coveted by more than a handful of programs, but to Rip and Embree, he was the cat's meow.

Positions like CB and WR tend to rely more on God Given ability rather than techniques and coaching... In the end, it's just personal choice I guess.

Don't get why CSU isn't on him. But with Valor kids they do get a LOT of out of state attention compared to other HS and their coaches have a lot of connections with college staffs. Not saying he's only getting offers because of those connections but it definitely helps. Personally I'd like us to take this kid and Holland and in addition with Isaac Miller give us 3, instate, big bodied. solid developmental, good OL that know how to win as they have all own state championships in HS. It definitely helps a team if they are full of winners in my book.

Would be interested to hear Maximus' opinions on him and the other OL in state this year. Normally he's already in on that.

Still think he is a development type guy but I don't like seeing KSU take 2 kids from inside the borders.

Back