What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO S Evan Worthington (Signed to COLORADO)

Maxpreps lists 4 INT's but he had two vs Valor that it doesn't list. So that is at least 6 INT's this year (7 last year). Also a Denver Post First team All-Stater (they called him "arguably the state's best defensive player." Senior Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/838817/highlights/107715385

Definitely a solid and aggressive tackler. I could easily see him at Safety or LB, but if he does move to LB he will have to add at least 25lbs which may take a couple years. He could also be a guy that MacIntyre redshirts regardless so he can focus on academics his first year imo.

Think he is a perfect fit to be a hybrid S/OLB you don't have to take off the field. Let him play at 215 or so. Redshirt would be ideal.

I like his senior highlights. I like him at Safety. Like his play making skill at Safety Good size and speed combination. Could also return some punts.

Last edited:
Maxpreps lists 4 INT's but he had two vs Valor that it doesn't list. So that is at least 6 INT's this year (7 last year). Also a Denver Post First team All-Stater (they called him "arguably the state's best defensive player." Senior Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/838817/highlights/107715385

Definitely a solid and aggressive tackler. I could easily see him at Safety or LB, but if he does move to LB he will have to add at least 25lbs which may take a couple years. He could also be a guy that MacIntyre redshirts regardless so he can focus on academics his first year imo.

It's possible I miscounted, but I'm fairly certain I saw 7 INT's in that video.

Wanted to get some Buff commits and recruits that have chosen to be Buffs back to the top

Spoke with Cherokee Trail coach Monte Thelen re: Evan White

"Big, physical player who can run. He's athletic and he's explosive." ... Thelen said White improved most on his play in the secondary as a senior after getting play actioned as a junior, always wanting to come up and hit somebody. Thelen thinks White could end up as a linebacker at CU, but has speed ("top six or so" in the state 200) to play safety.

"He's a hitter, there's no doubt about that."

Spoke with Cherokee Trail coach Monte Thelen re: Evan White

"Big, physical player who can run. He's athletic and he's explosive." ... Thelen said White improved most on his play in the secondary as a senior after getting play actioned as a junior, always wanting to come up and hit somebody. Thelen thinks White could end up as a linebacker at CU, but has speed ("top six or so" in the state 200) to play safety.

"He's a hitter, there's no doubt about that."
Be nice to have that kind of speed at LB!

Very good pickup. I think White has been underrated due to being a tweener and especially since he didn't play much defense as a junior.

Loves to hit, Love having him in Boulder. And homegrown, a bonus.

Welcome to the Black and Gold Evan!

Last edited:
HCMM called him out as a guy who might play early. I don't feel we've given this guy enough love here. Stayed true and stayed home. Be a great Buff man!

2014 safety signee Evan White ran an 11.07 in the 100-meter dash and a 22.39 in the 200 yesterday. Solid for 6-3, 195. Saw this on Twitter. Must be fun to run that fast :devil:

2014 safety signee Evan White ran an 11.07 in the 100-meter dash and a 22.39 in the 200 yesterday. Solid for 6-3, 195. Saw this on Twitter. Must be fun to run that fast :devil:

I was sure that EW was going to have to move to LB. This makes me think he could be one heck of a Safety. Can't wait to see him in the Fall.

Yes, that is more than reasonable for a safety. Of course the 100m translates worse to football than the 40m does but I agree that he is likely to stick at Safety and be a damn good one too.

I still think he ends up a hybrid, three-down player. Hope he can play at 215 eventually.

I still think he ends up a hybrid, three-down player. Hope he can play at 215 eventually.

I would love to see this happen.

Regardless of if he ends up at safety, LB, or a hybrid it is nice to finally think that we might start playing with kids who are not at a dissadvantage in the PAC12 athletically. Be nice to have a guys with the size of a LB and the speed of a DB instead of the size of a DB and the speed of a LB.

Updated his name from White to Worthington.
When did he change his name? I was curious as I didn't remember a Worthington from past years but definitely remember Evan White. Solves some confusion on my end. Thanks for clarifying.

Back