What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 JC DT Jeff Worthy (verbal to Arizona)

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

JEFFWORTHY150.JPG

Santa Ana C.C. (Santa Ana, CA)

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 298
40 time:

Rivals Rating: 3*-5.7rr
Scout Rating: 2*; JC DT
ESPN Rating:
247s Rating:

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Fresno State, Texas State, Western Kentucky

Last edited by a moderator:
Committed to Boise State in the class of 2011 and looks like he was there for a year or two. It appears that he was dismissed from the team, landed at Santa Ana C.C., and is a class of 2014 recruit. I know we have some Boise folks who frequent the site; perhaps they can shed some light on the circumstances surrounding his dismissal.

Recent article from the Rivals Fresno State site offers a little more information about Worthy.

Last edited:
If he thinks Fresno is a nice city I have to wonder what he will think of Boulder. Sounds like he was looking for something nice to say.

Here's some older video of him in high school

[video=youtube;TkbDmTmDzNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbDmTmDzNE[/video]

The basic profile coming out of high school is worth looking at. Very intriguing player.

Rivals 3*-5.7rr; #39 DT
Scout 3*; #45 DT
ESPN 3*-77 grade; #63 DT
247 Sports 4*-91 rating; #26 DT (#240 overall)

Reported Offers: Arizona State, Boise State, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon State, San Diego State, SMU, UCLA, Washington State

Despite playing at a smaller school, has dominated at the prep level and at several camps. Well put together, and lean, has the frame to add more weight but keep his athleticism and speed off the ball. -Brandon Huffman

Wish I could shed any light as to the reasons for his dismissal. Coach Pete does not mess around when it comes to discipline and Worthy is one of several players who were either highly heralded recruits or productive players on the field to be removed from the team in recent years. In each case, the reason is never released to the public.

I admit that I like this policy in theory, but find it frustrating in practice. In theory, it not only prevents second guessing and improves locker room chemistry by ensuring that no player is above the law (as compared to what you see at other schools where stud players and scrubs can commit the same offense and get wildly different treatment) but also makes it easier to root for a team knowing that the staff is making sure that they are paying attention to making sure they are good people off the field. In practice it can be a little annoying because you see players that you expect great things from (such as Sam Ukwuachu from the same class) suddenly gone.

Worthy was one that I was particularly sad to lose. I thought he had a very bright future. Coming out of high school, he had offers from a number of highly regarded programs across the Pac-12 and Big-12. It is not listed as an offer on his Scout profile, but a former player with good connections with the team has said that USC made a late run at him.

http://boisestate.scout.com/a.z?s=336&p=8&c=1&nid=4907848

His aunt was also very active on the Bronco Country boards after he signed (though not before as that could have been considered a violation). She did not express disagreement with the team's decision and had nothing but positive feelings towards the school and the coaching staff. My personal impression was that Worthy made a mistake and has owned up to it with his family and deserves another chance. I sincerely hope that he catches on somewhere and gets another shot at getting his degree and making an impact on the field.

This statement comes with a huge caveat since, again, I don't know what he did to have Coach Pete dismiss him, but I think he'd be a solid player for you guys to land.

Last edited:
Back