What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 NE FB Will Schany

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

4e9351b4c92ae.image.jpg

Blair HS (Blair, Nebraska)

Ht: 5-foot-9
Wt: 175 lbs
40:

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating:
247s rating:

Reported Offers:

He's also a great wrestler. Won state as a Frosh.

Start of something
It's not often you see a freshman win a Class B title wrestling in the middle weights.
Blair's Will Schany accomplished the feat Saturday, topping once-beaten Blake Kennell of Nebraska City for the 145-pound title. He also gave Blair its first wrestling title. Schany (38-6) entered the postseason ranked fifth at his weight by the Nebraska Scholastic Wrestling Coaches Association. Kennell was ranked second.

[video=youtube;w86m0BhcQWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w86m0BhcQWI[/video]

Last edited:
Schany said he used his six losses, the most by any champion in Class B Saturday, as learning tools.

“Every time I thought about this moment, it pushed me,” Schany said. “I just kept getting more and more ready for it.”
Don't let the baby face and curly locks fool you, Warner says. Schany has a maturity on the mat far beyond his years. But surely the bright lights at Saturday's state finals are enough to turn the stomach of a 15-year-old, right?

“I asked him if he was ready and he just looked at me with this little smile,” Warner said. “He was more worried about playing some game with a shark eating fish on his iPhone or iPad or whatever it is.”
http://omaha.com/article/20110219/HIGHSCHOOLS/702199791

Had to stop watching the 3rd period of the wrestling match, total cameraman fail on two reversals. arg

Back