What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

Best of luck to Elijah. Anyone saying "we wouldn't someone of his character" at CU is an absolute ****ing moron.

"I hope somebody snaps his knees." Quote from some bitch on rivals. Gotta love message boards and the doosh bags that spend their pathetic lives trolling them.....

"I hope somebody snaps his knees." Quote from some bitch on rivals. Gotta love message boards and the doosh bags that spend their pathetic lives trolling them.....

I'd like to think that CU boards have a much lower tolerance for those types of posts than some other "classier" fans of other teams do.

The only thing that bugs me a bit is not his "God spoke to me thing", but his "I made a comittment and believe in living up to my commitment" thing. That said, he's a young guy and had a ton of pressure put on him. I wish the best for him. He sounds like a good kid.

Also, why do us "adults" put so much hope and faith in the words of 17 and 18 year olds? :lol:

Last edited:
Hurts. He'd have done well here, I think.

Here he would have been a priority, at UT he will just be another cog in the machine. If he doesn't show something special quickly they will add two 4* tackles next year and he ends up shuffled off to obscurity. Hope it doesn't happen to him because he seems like a good kid but how many others has it happened to at Texas.

I'd like to think that CU boards have a much lower tolerance for those types of posts than some other "classier" fans of other teams do.

I hope the poster got killed for that. Elijah was loyal to CU, deflecting offers from programs currently situated much better than us, until UT came calling. Between the family ties and <better> engineering school, I can understand the decision. Still sucks, but I wish him nothing but the best.

The only thing that bugs me a bit is not his "God spoke to me thing", but his "I made a comittment and believe in living up to my commitment" thing. That said, he's a young guy and had a ton of pressure put on him. I wish the best for him. He sounds like a good kid.

Also, why do us "adults" put so much hope and faith in the words of 17 and 18 year olds? :lol:

:lol:

It's not like we haven't all learned that in life the words "Trust me" are usually code for "**** you".

Here he would have been a priority, at UT he will just be another cog in the machine. If he doesn't show something special quickly they will add two 4* tackles next year and he ends up shuffled off to obscurity. Hope it doesn't happen to him because he seems like a good kid but how many others has it happened to at Texas.
So, would you have told him "you can be special here, but at Texas, you'll just be a cog?" I wouldn't want Mac to recruit kids with that mindset. I'm sure Mac didn't use that argument with him.

Last edited:
So, would you have told him "you can be special here, but at Texas, you'll be just cog?" I wouldn't want Mac to recruit kids with that mindset. I'm sure Mac didn't use that argument with him.

Mtn subscribes to the Embree philosophy of recruiting. Gotta break the recruits down and then hope they aren't offended.

So, would you have told him "you can be special here, but at Texas, you'll just be a cog?" I wouldn't want Mac to recruit kids with that mindset. I'm sure Mac didn't use that argument with him.

No you don't use it that many words, you do tell the kid honestly that he is a priority in your class, not a last minute pick up. You show him your depth chart and tell him that he is going to be at the top of the list in priority and will have a real chance to be a multi-year starter for a team that has been putting tackles into the NFL.

No you don't use it that many words, you do tell the kid honestly that he is a priority in your class, not a last minute pick up. You show him your depth chart and tell him that he is going to be at the top of the list in priority and will have a real chance to be a multi-year starter for a team that has been putting tackles into the NFL.

You're exactly right. But you can't blame a kid for choosing an in-state school with better football success, its own (unsuccessful) network, arguably better academics (depending on which engineering major pursued), and family ties to boot. I wish as much as anyone we could've held on to Elijah. We fended off a lot of schools, but this was the one offer we couldn't afford.

Yes, true. This will work with many guys (and it should), but there's a crazy allure to UT for a lot of TX kids, whether they will ever start there or not. To it's true believers, UT is like Scientology or recreational marijuana. And he has the family ties. Very disappointing. I think that CU's turnaround will have a lot to do with getting upgraded OLs and DLs.

Reactions: aik
He has no idea what he is in for. Replacing a coaching legend rarely goes well. Strong does not even have the full support of his alum and donor base. For every Jimbo Fisher there are 10 Frank Solich and Lane Kiffin's. Guess which one Stong is most likely to be?

People here don't want to believe it, but UT is a really good school, he's a legacy and will be playing with a bunch of other Texans. Somehow, I think he'll survive.

People here don't want to believe it, but UT is a really good school, he's a legacy and will be playing with a bunch of other Texans. Somehow, I think he'll survive.

It is a phenomenal school, filled with great programs. And the kid is going to be an engineering student. I wish nothing but the best for him. For all of you twonks who are holier than thou about him changing his commitment....I can't imagine all of the bull**** you guys have pulled....cheating, drunkenness, debauchery, etc.

i, for one, have done none of that....

It is a phenomenal school, filled with great programs. And the kid is going to be an engineering student. I wish nothing but the best for him. For all of you twonks who are holier than thou about him changing his commitment....I can't imagine all of the bull**** you guys have pulled....cheating, drunkenness, debauchery, etc.

i, for one, have done none of that....
dewhat?

Wish him the best of luck. Being an engineer and Mines grad I only regret not attending CU due to lack of party/co-Ed life. He will get that in Austin like he would have in Boulder. Biggest positive is playing in front of family and I can't blame him for that.

Being honest now that he has decommited I think he is a step slow. I was less impressed with his tape than Stallings. Maybe sour milk but I had that thought the whole time and have bit my lip. Best of luck to the young man either way.

Hey was a priority for their new staff and quite frankly Texas isn't loaded like they were a decade ago. They have lost an average of five games the last four years, not all of that is coaching.

Rodriguez will have every chance to be successful there too. Really hate that sales pitch you can be important at CU but just a guy at Texas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back