What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

14 week schedule being investigated

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

I believe this would mean the opener would be the last week in August instead of the first week in September.

Not the worse idea ever. What I'm most excited about, though, is the potential for schedules becoming standardized across conference. Everybody needs to play 9 conference games. 8 conference games within a 12-game schedule is bull****.

This is the SEC and B1G driving this train. Two conferences with 14 teams each and are having a difficult time scheduling conference games. Theyre either faced with the prospect of losing traditional rivalries or scheduling a bunch of crappy games. This will happen. It's inevitable.

This is the SEC and B1G driving this train. Two conferences with 14 teams each and are having a difficult time scheduling conference games. Theyre either faced with the prospect of losing traditional rivalries or scheduling a bunch of crappy games. This will happen. It's inevitable.
You know what else is inevitable...

You know what else is inevitable...

Miss me yet?

img_1473.jpg

Watch out for that expansion bus....

... 8 conference games within a 12-game schedule is bull****.
If it was the for the playoffs, you wouldn't GAF about how many conference games anyone else played. Just sayin'...

Life was just fine fine back when each conference could have its own identity.

I'm going to plug a quote in here from a 5 year old article, because it really seems on point.

“I’M NOT HIDING,” Sonny Vaccaro told a closed hearing at the Willard Hotel in Washington, D.C., in 2001. “We want to put our materials on the bodies of your athletes, and the best way to do that is buy your school. Or buy your coach.”
“Why,” asked Bryce Jordan, the president emeritus of Penn State, “should a university be an advertising medium for your industry?”

Vaccaro did not blink. “They shouldn’t, sir,” he replied. “You sold your souls, and you’re going to continue selling them. You can be very moral and righteous in asking me that question, sir,” Vaccaro added with irrepressible good cheer, “but there’s not one of you in this room that’s going to turn down any of our money. You’re going to take it. I can only offer it.”

Back