What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA ATH Jay Jay Wilson (Verbal to Arizona State)

Is that what we are recruiting him as? Most sites have him pegged for LB.

We are recruiting him as a safety, but ASU is recruiting him on offense. Hopefully our coaches wise up and realize he can help on both sides of the football.

Is that what we are recruiting him as? Most sites have him pegged for LB.

Rivals has him listed as a Safety and 247 has him listed as OLB/WR. True athlete for sure. I believe LB is our biggest team need, but who knows. Let's just get him in the door and worry about the rest later.

Wilson is a legit blue chip. CU seems to be in very good shape. There's a risk of him lining up another visit, though.

Wilson is a legit blue chip. CU seems to be in very good shape. There's a risk of him lining up another visit, though.
:nod: Wilson can almost play anywhere. If there is a player we are looking to play both ways, this is it.

This program is going into 2015 in a very good position. Increased depth, greater experience, phenomenal facilities, and a solid opportunity to rekindle past greatness.

Mr. Wilson would be a wonderful addition to this cause, and legacy! A tremendous opportunity for Jay Jay as a student, and as a premiere athlete in a great football program.

Looking forward to having Jay Jay witness our progress in person! Hope this turns into a fit. Go Buffs!

Not that I expected to land him, but getting him here for an official would be a step forward.

I thought that I read somewhere that USC was looking at him as a grayshirt, but I could be wrong.

I thought that I read somewhere that USC was looking at him as a grayshirt, but I could be wrong.

I don't know but it appears USC does not need greyshirts. They will probably take 30 this class. They already have 5 coming in as early enrollees. I suspect they can take a few more.

I don't know but it appears USC does not need greyshirts. They will probably take 30 this class. They already have 5 coming in as early enrollees. I suspect they can take a few more.

I can't imagine that, with the scholarship reductions from last year, that they would be able to count all of the early enrollees in the previous class. Plus, they have 21 commits and several bigger names are expected to commit to them.

He'd have a lot more fun here. More fulfillment and would be much more appreciated. :thumbsup:

(I know. I'm pathetic. What can I say?)

Last edited:
I can't imagine that, with the scholarship reductions from last year, that they would be able to count all of the early enrollees in the previous class. Plus, they have 21 commits and several bigger names are expected to commit to them.

I really do not know the answer but they are pushing the early enrollees so I suspect that is what they want to do.

You can only enroll 25 per class.

:nod:

What USC has been doing with its scholarship restrictions is enrolling guys early and counting them back to previous classes every year in order to max out the roster limit while keeping the current class below the max for that year.

By doing so, now that restrictions have lifted, USC is likely able to count back 5 to 2014 and then sign 25 in the 2015 class to get close to the 85 max.

:nod:

What USC has been doing with its scholarship restrictions is enrolling guys early and counting them back to previous classes every year in order to max out the roster limit while keeping the current class below the max for that year.

By doing so, now that restrictions have lifted, USC is likely able to count back 5 to 2014 and then sign 25 in the 2015 class to get close to the 85 max.

That is what I suspect (maybe someone who follows recruiting better than I do knows) but if that is the case then USC may sign 30 this year meaning they have 9 to go. They really need to build their depth. They have star players but not much depth. I think they had about 50 scholarship players at some games.

My argument was that I don't see any way that they would have 5 open spots from last year when they only had 50 players. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I assume that they would have signed as many as they could.

My argument was that I don't see any way that they would have 5 open spots from last year when they only had 50 players. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I assume that they would have signed as many as they could.

They only took 15 last year (they also took 4 early enrollees). So unless the NCAA says 15 is still the limit for last year (this is what I am not sure of) they can easily put 5 against last year's class. This seemed to be the USC loophole in the 15 scholarship limit per year.

Back