What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA CB Ykili Ross (Verbal to USC)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

339056.jpg

Poly H.S. (Riverside, CA)

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 185

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unrated CB
Scout rating: 4*; #26 CB
ESPN rating: unrated ATH
247 Sports rating: 4*-93 rating; #15 CB (#161 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Boise State, Fresno State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, San Jose State, UCLA, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;3o81Mej0bEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o81Mej0bEw[/video]

Ross is a dynamic athlete out of the Inland Empire. He had over 1,300 yards receiving as a junior, but may be best suited at corner in college. He helped Poly to the second round of the playoffs by shutting down elite 2014 WR Erik Brown. Expect his stock to soar in the spring. Fun highlights to watch.

New(ish) video from Under the Radar.
[video=youtube;YILyWP3Do7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YILyWP3Do7A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Picked up his first offer tonight per 247 Sports' Justin Hopkins
[tweet]438518209814073346[/tweet]

Last edited:
Good call Duff Man, Ross has taken off in the past day. More offers this afternoon.

Spoke with Ykili, he said the Buffs haven't been recruiting him for very long, but he was happy to get the offer. He said he spoke with coach Mike MacIntyre and Andy LaRussa when he got the offer. He wants to come to Colorado to visit and play CU's head coach 1-on-1 in basketball (he also plays basketball for Riverside Poly). CU is recruiting him as an athlete, he said he wants to try to play both ways in college, Arizona State the only school after him as a receiver. Ross likes UCLA's offer quite a bit, but open to going anywhere. He ran an 11-flat in the 100-meter as a sophomore. His recruitment has blown up over the past month. Ross and Corona Centennial's Jihree Stewart are friends and have talked about playing college football together, both have offers from CU.

Last edited:
Here's that interview with Ykili. He's going to be special. This is likely my last story for BuffZone as I was emphatically told over the weekend that my job is page production and copy editing, not writing. Looking to find somewhere else to host these stories, hope to keep going on my own time. Thanks as always for reading.

http://bit.ly/1dbFIrG

"Cool dude, funny guy. Soon as I get up there, I've got to beat him in a game of basketball. They were in contact with my coach for a long time. [CU has been in contact] for about a month now, a month and a half." -- Ross on MacIntyre

"I'll go anywhere ... UCLA, Washington, Arizona State and Boise State. Colorado I know is going to. [CU] offered my boy Jihree too, Jihree Stewart, that's my guy. We have similar offers. We have Oregon State and I know he has Colorado, too. He plays on my seven-on-seven team." -- Ross on schools showing the most interest and his friend who plays for Corona Centennial.

The award for the least surprising announcement of this year's recruiting classes goes to....Ykili Ross!

This one has been a stone cold lock for months IMO. Never a chance he was going anywhere else.

The award for the least surprising announcement of this year's recruiting classes goes to....Ykili Ross!

This one has been a stone cold lock for months IMO. Never a chance he was going anywhere else.

Yeah, I think that he was just waiting on an offer

Back