What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA QB Sheriron Jones (Transferring again?)

Joker Phillips Florida's WR coach and recruiting coordinator resigned today. Jumping off the sinking ship early? Honestly, very annoyed we lost out to a program with a coaching staff that is more than likely going to be fired in six months.

From phone

Joker Phillips Florida's WR coach and recruiting coordinator resigned today. Jumping off the sinking ship early? Honestly, very annoyed we lost out to a program with a coaching staff that is more than likely going to be fired in six months.

From phone

At least we can root for the ship to sink all season and see what happens.

From phone

You're not thinking like a 17 year old with stars in his eyes and ears full of professional sales pitches.

I just don't know if CU can wait around and try to flip a quarterback off what is likely a bad decision. CU would have been such a better fit for him.

I am not waiting for him. He also has that connection with Powell who has been there. I know Florida can recover quickly with a new coaching staff. But still quite a battle to recruit to that dumpster fire. Not only blocking each other, but losing to a BAD FCS team at home. Delayed anger right now

From phone

You're not thinking like a 17 year old with stars in his eyes and ears full of professional sales pitches.

I just don't know if CU can wait around and try to flip a quarterback off what is likely a bad decision. CU would have been such a better fit for him.

So if he does want to commit do you also take him or do we stick to Bowers or Montez assuming one commits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if he does want to commit do you also take him or do we stick to Bowers or Montez assuming one commits

I don't think you ever say "No" to a QB with star potential who began the recruiting cycle at the very top of your board.

Why can programs recruit pac12 country and pac12 teams can't go it I sec country? **** espn and their hype.

Not sure I am translating your post correctly but Oregon, Stanford, USC, UCLA and Arizona St all have commits from SEC country.

[tweet]476847305535287297[/tweet]

His next tweet he said that Muschump didn't force him to resign but like I said, $EC pays the best

[tweet]476847305535287297[/tweet]

His next tweet he said that Muschump didn't force him to resign but like I said, $EC pays the best

We know the game. Muschamp's on the hot seat. Under pressure, certain things happen in recruiting that go beyond the types of things you don't get caught doing. Joker takes the fall while Muschamp tries to do the tap-dance of not looking like he's the bad guy (no knowledge of violations, wasn't responsible for forcing out the assistant, etc.). Next step is to pick out a couple of their recruiting busts and look like a hardliner by suspending or booting them from the program.

We know the game. Muschamp's on the hot seat. Under pressure, certain things happen in recruiting that go beyond the types of things you don't get caught doing. Joker takes the fall while Muschamp tries to do the tap-dance of not looking like he's the bad guy (no knowledge of violations, wasn't responsible for forcing out the assistant, etc.). Next step is to pick out a couple of their recruiting busts and look like a hardliner by suspending or booting them from the program.
$5 says it's one of these two....

bz4bie5cyaa85in.0_standard_730.0.jpg

[tweet]476837686066819072[/tweet]

Come on, Sheriron. Come to Boulder and be a part of something special and be talked about the likes of former CU greats.

Can't tell on my phone. 'Tini - there's something I should ask you about via Private Message instead of having that conversation on a public board.

From phone

Edited by buffnik

[tweet]476837686066819072[/tweet]

Come on, Sheriron. Come to Boulder and be a part of something special and be talked about the likes of former CU greats.

I get what you're saying, but I suspect that the numbers for the buffs over the last 6 seasons aren't that great in those categories, either.

EDIT:

I looked it up. Over the last 6 seasons:

4 OCs,
4 WR Coaches
3 RB Coaches
4 TE Coaches

etc.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but I suspect that the numbers for the buffs over the last 6 seasons aren't that great in those categories, either.

The difference is that Florida has ongoing instability. CU returns its entire staff from last season.

CU's got roster stability, too. Every 2013 recruit is still with the program. I'd be shocked if there were more than a handful of programs that could say that. The people closest to the situation know that there is something good happening here and want to remain a part of it.

The difference is that Florida has ongoing instability. CU returns its entire staff from last season.

CU's got roster stability, too. Every 2013 recruit is still with the program. I'd be shocked if there were more than a handful of programs that could say that. The people closest to the situation know that there is something good happening here and want to remain a part of it.

I completely agree. I think there's something special going on as well. However, I think the numbers tell a very similar story even if the context is completely different in both situations.

EDIT:

I looked it up. Over the last 6 seasons:

4 OCs,
4 WR Coaches
3 RB Coaches
4 TE Coaches

etc.

Totally understand, but my line of thinking is the same as Nik's.

It would be one of the bigger upsets in the sports year if Will Muschamp is the Florida head coach six months from now.

It would be one of the bigger upsets in the sports year if Will Muschamp is the Florida head coach six months from now.
I actually think that he survives the year. Kurt Roper is big upgrade at OC and that roster has some talent. Kelvin Taylor is a good back. Driskel is a hell of an athlete who is a big threat to run. They picked up the senior te transfer from UVA who is a stud. They are ok at wide receiver with a couple go guys who have big potential. The defense has a couple of guys who could be all Americans in fowler and Hargreaves. Their biggest Achilles heel is oline depth. They have five good starters, but little in the way of reserves. If they lose a couple starters on the oline, you guys may be right.

I am really excited about the upside of things at CU, but I am a not incredulous that a guy like Jones would pick florida. They still have the recent championships, they still have the sec pedigree and muschamp remains a strong recruiter who won some big recruiting battles last year even with a ****ty record. The new buffs staff has yet to show that they can win recruiting battles against recruiting power houses. I can't see that reversing itself until they make a bowl. Even then, I am not sure we win many battles against florida.

Where we need to show progress is winning more recruiting battles against the bottom and middle of the pac 12, Boise and in Texas.

Defense is great, but Florida fans do not think they have anything at WR or QB. Muschamp is a awful coach and UF fans aren't going to let UF become the 4th best football team in Florida. Unless he wins 10 he's gone.

Kids don't do an in depth analysis of the rosters or the coaching staffs in most cases.

Jones has seen UF on multiple national TV games, seen them play in big bowls and be the topic of conversation on ESPN. He has seen multiple UF players drafted, including a number of first round pics (including QB Timmy,) seen people where he lives on the other side of the country Gator jerseys and sporting Gator stickers on their cars.

In his mind he is going to a "big time" program and as bad as they were last year Muschamp and his staff can sell that big time status if a kid is willing to listen.

Lol at this thread turn:lol::rolling_eyes:

Edit: Just read page 9. Can you say "pathetic?"

Last edited:
Back