What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA QB Travis Waller (Verbal to Oregon)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

com_140422_RN_NFTC_LA_Travis_Waller.jpg

Servite H.S. (Anaheim, CA)

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 190

Rivals rating: 4*-5.9rr; #5 QB-DT (#104 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #6 QB (#99 overall)
ESPN rating: 4*-82 grade; #7 QB-DT (#140 overall)
247s rating: 4*-97 rating; #2 QB-DT (#35 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona, BYU, Cal, Fresno State, Maryland, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Penn State, Tennessee, Utah, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;99mga1_d_zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mga1_d_zo[/video]

Good player out of traditional power Servite, a private Catholic school in Anaheim. Switched from WR to QB midway through his sophomore season and helped his team to the second round of the playoffs as a junior. Good athlete who went a shade over 44' in the triple jump as a sophomore.

The competition is legit, Servite played the following teams in 2013: Bishop Gorman, Long Beach Poly, De La Salle, Mater Dei, Orange Lutheran, St. John Bosco, Westlake, and Alemany. As tough a schedule as you will find in southern California.

I read an article on Rivals that said he had an offer from the Big10 too-don't remember which school.

Sorry to evoke the Huskers here, but he reminds me of Taylor Martinez. Better arm and height though.

[tweet]432308966513594369[/tweet]
Ole Ducks are in the mix here. Unofficial visit two weeks ago.

Think the Ducks like Brady White and Jarrett Stidham (Stephenville, TX) more.

There's some really good talent besides Rosen and Town and I think there's some doubt who will be the best QB in the end, and it may not be one of them.

There's some really good talent besides Rosen and Town and I think there's some doubt who will be the best QB in the end, and it may not be one of them.

I haven't heard anything saying that it would be anyone other than one of them as the top QB. There is a kid out of Florida, I think his name is Torrance Gibson or something like that, but I believe that he may end up as a WR.

Completely blown up. Now sounds like Ohio State is making a push, too.

Ohio State just got a commitment today from a QB. It will get really interesting tomorrow when 5 star Kyler Murray chooses between Oregon and Texas A&M.

Murray goes TAMU. It will be interesting to see what Helfrich does. There is some disagreement over whether Waller is next on their board and whether Waller would favor the ducks since they have been slow to offer.

Last edited:
Murray goes TAMU. It will be interesting to see what Helfrich does. There is some disagreement over whether Waller is next on their board and whether Waller would favor the ducks since they have been slow to offer.
Would sooooo love to get in on this recruitment.

Ohio State is currently the leader, even though they haven't offered.

If it were my kid, I'd be looking at the NFL track record for QB/OC's and the chances my kid would get the type of coaching he'd need to get to the league. I don't really see that from Oregon or Ohio State's current staff.

If it were my kid, I'd be looking at the NFL track record for QB/OC's and the chances my kid would get the type of coaching he'd need to get to the league. I don't really see that from Oregon or Ohio State's current staff.

What? No love for Tebow? buffaholic must hate Christians.

Signed,

Bronco's Tebow Fan circa 2012

Last edited:

Marcus Mariotta says hi.

Marcus Mariotta says hi.

I agree that Mariotta is a stud btw. He wasn't highly recruited, but he arrived at Oregon pretty dang good. The concern there is has he improved since Chipper left for Philly? That's debatable. I am not a fan of Helfrich's track record developing QBs.

There's better track records at less glamorous schools. So does a QB pick a solid track record a team that will win a lot of games and pack the house with 100k fans for the spring game? It's priorities. I put a lot of faith in track records, personally.

SC fan on Rivals MB says they are going to offer this week. Apparently they were always taking two -- just figured Sills looking elsewhere was a formality.

Apparently deciding on Monday and Ohio State isn't an option

Back