What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO CB Avery Anderson (Verbal to Nebraska)

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

735847.jpg

Pine Creek H.S. (Colorado Springs, CO)

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 164
40: 4.58

Rivals Rating: 4*-5.9rr; #17 CB (#156 overall)
Scout Rating: 4*; #29 CB
ESPN Rating: 4*-80 rating; #41 ATH
247s Rating: 3*-88 rating; #46 ATH

Reported Offers: Arizona State, Kansas State, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dio
Looks like he has performed well at some camps:

Jun 12: Denver National Underclassmen Combine "Fastest Man" (4.58)
Jun 12: Denver National Underclassmen Combine "Leadership Award"
Oct 12: Junior Rank Proving Ground Nat'l Combine Invite (300 nation-wide)

Will also be at the junior day on March 9th.

Good feedback, thanks. A little biased of course, I'm his daddy-o. He's also heading up to Michigan State for camp in June. Considering an Arkansas visit, boths schools have contacted his HS. Things should get interesting after 1 Sep. Has been on 2 unofficial visits to CU, likes it up there.

Thanks for the insight Nupe.... good luck to him in the coming years - will be fun to keep an eye on him.

Thanks for the profile WR

Talent in the Springs (football and hoops) really seems to be on the upswing in recent years. Great to see.

Need that offer brother. Wyoming offered during this past weekend... great staff, he liked it up there. He has several programs he likes, CU is def one of them. Wyoming too for that matter. Just thankful for the opportunity to even be considered. Things are heating up though.. fast. Especially after that first offer. Taking it all in for now, it's still early, but would love to see CU come with an offer. Great academics, close to home, Pac12... he's def interested.

Need that offer brother. Wyoming offered during this past weekend... great staff, he liked it up there. He has several programs he likes, CU is def one of them. Wyoming too for that matter. Just thankful for the opportunity to even be considered. Things are heating up though.. fast. Especially after that first offer. Taking it all in for now, it's still early, but would love to see CU come with an offer. Great academics, close to home, Pac12... he's def interested.

Congratulations. Try to enjoy the process. Other parents who have been active on the board have said that as long as they kept things organized and set some clear limits on things (like no phone calls after a certain time of day or whatnot), that the recruiting game ended up being more fun than stressful.

btw, I'm pretty confident that Avery will be getting that offer.

Thx buffnik. Just to clear the air, no entitlement here. I repeat... none. Avery is not "that guy." Thanksful to be considered, will work hard for the guys on his left and right, whatever comes will come. He's had interviews with rivals and 247 in the past two days, but we did just that.. set some limits. School, chores, family first. Football, while very cool and exciting, secondary. Hard work and assistance from frieeds, teammates, teachers, coaches and family got him this far... no need in switching up that formula now. Having fun, being a kid, and hitting fools on the gridiron. Can't complain. Thanks for the support fellas... we are enjoying the ride and we'll see where this goes.

I know it can be frustrating when you want a specific offer and it hasn't come through yet but have patience. You are still early in the process. My guess is that the Wyo offer came because they hoped he would jump at the early bid. It's just a highlight tape but from the tape it won't be long till the offers start coming in and by the time you are through there will be no shortage of them.

Understood MtnBuff... good point. Probably just being inpatient. An exciting time... things will settle down and become more normal. It's all good. In the end, he'll sort through the various opportunities, do his homework and make the call. He wants to commit by the end of his junior season, shut it down and focus on trying to be an early enrollee in the spring of his senior year. We're very proud of him, he's committed to staying rooted throughout this process and he'll make a responsible life decision. Some of the recruit behavior is sickening.... he's not down with the silly hat games, switching of commitments, etc.

Great to hear how you are helping Avery along in the process. Must be very proud to have him accomplish this level and have a chance to play and get a college education doing so.

Not gonna lie, it's cool. Not in an ego sort of way as much as to see him process the notion that hard work does in fact sometimes pay off... countless hours with coaches, family shuttling him around to practices, sitting in lawn chairs at the edge of the park, coaches giving him rides home, etc. I think he gained a full appreciation of the effort it took, on many people's part, to help get him here. A good life lesson, proud to be a part of it.

Anyhoo, many thanks for the warm welcome.

I've attached some more links & info, keep an eye out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AveryPCHS2015/videos

Looking forward to Jr Day on March 9th. An interview should also post tonight on BuffScoop.

Keep an eye on Pine Creek this year, they are gonna be a BIG PROBLEM.

We'll see you around the boards, all the best!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good kid on top of being a great athlete.

I agree with nik, an offer will come soon. I'd probably put Avery into the top 4 if he were a 2014 recruit. Right up there with McCaffrey, Ballage, and Jones imo.

Understood MtnBuff... good point. Probably just being inpatient. An exciting time... things will settle down and become more normal. It's all good. In the end, he'll sort through the various opportunities, do his homework and make the call. He wants to commit by the end of his junior season, shut it down and focus on trying to be an early enrollee in the spring of his senior year. We're very proud of him, he's committed to staying rooted throughout this process and he'll make a responsible life decision. Some of the recruit behavior is sickening.... he's not down with the silly hat games, switching of commitments, etc.

Being an early enrolee means giving up some things in what would be the second half of his senior year socially but I think has some huge benefits both academically and athletically.

From a football standpoint it gives him a chance to come in and spend spring with the team including spring practices. This is huge since during the fall the coaches tend to be spread pretty thin between recruiting, scouting, and preparing the guys on top of the depth charts for the weeks game. New guys are kind of forced to the back burner. In spring the coaches (and the upperclassmen) have the time to put more attention on the young guys and get integrated into what the team is trying to do as well as work on specific skills. This also means that when fall comes around even if the young guy is down the depth chart things make more sense and he can develop faster and feel more connected to what is going on.

Academically the difference is huge as well. Your son won't be coming in with the giant herd of freshmen, it will be easier to get adjusted and fit in. It also gives him a head start academically making it easier to maintain eligibility and meet graduation requirements over the next four years while working around football. If he can it may even allow him to graduate early and get a good start on grad school.

Gotta think the lack of an offer might be due to the new staff not having a good feel for the state quite yet - hoping they catch up soon and come through for Avery.

Just got around to watching the highlights, and this is definitely an impressive prospect. No doubt the offer will come in time. On a side note, there haven't been too many Nupes on the yard around Boulder in quite some time. Are you a CU alum Nupe90?

I know, right? Show me some love... I'm in the Springs (military), probably retiring here--feels like home. Plus the wifey likes it here. We'll either wind up here or back in PHX. AV's college choice has something to do with that... We def don't need to be on top of him, but it'd be nice to be able to catch a nearby game versus flying across the country.

Hopefully we can get him up to Boulder for the second junior day in April. Good luck at the UA invite; do work.

Back