What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO CB Avery Anderson (Verbal to Nebraska)

Word up lawdogg, We'll head up in April. We still have to talk about it, but I don't think he can pass on the opportunity to go up against these studs.

Word up lawdogg, We'll head up in April. We still have to talk about it, but I don't think he can pass on the opportunity to go up against these studs.

Yeah. Try to make one of the Junior Days. Also, practices are expected to be open in the fall and I'm sure you could get a sideline pass for Avery if you can make it up for one. And, of course, make sure you get your free tix for home games this year. They're usually pretty good about hooking up football playing friends who may not be BCS scholarship level (but could maybe walk on or benefit from a good word to the coaching staff at Pueblo or something) if Avery wanted to bring some guys up with him, too. As I posted earlier, enjoy it and make the most of it.

Good feedback Buffnik, I called CU to give them a heads up we're headed down to Phoenix. We'll hopefully catch the spring game, things are heating up. Once the HS schedule is laid out, we'll see if there are some free Saturdays this fall and we'll head up if they'll have them. Lots of offers being flinged at TX DBs right now... interesting.

AV is headed up for a CSU practice next week then up to meet the CU staff and attend a practice the following week (29th). Invited/going to Nebraska Spring Game on April 6th. Then, out to Vandy for their Spring Game and over to the Memphis invite-only NFTC event on the 14th. Busy times, but fun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 242
Really weird decision...

I guess he liked Arizona

His dad, Nupe 90, mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that he would be retiring from the military either in the Springs or in Phoenix, so it seems like there may have been a built in connection with that area. Not so much surprising that he committed there, but it is very early on in the process for him. I'd guess that he'll continue to rack up offers from pretty strong programs, and hopefully our staff will continue to work to try and sway him.

Coach Mac likes to brag about his recruiting strategy of having he and his coaches visit every high school in the state. Well memo to them: It's difficult to land an in-state player when you don't even offer them a scholarship. Just a thought.

Coach Mac likes to brag about his recruiting strategy of having he and his coaches visit every high school in the state. Well memo to them: It's difficult to land an in-state player when you don't even offer them a scholarship. Just a thought.

And here's a memo to you: Not every scholarship offer is handed out 2 years before a player graduates.

Lol

And here's a memo to you: Not every scholarship offer is handed out 2 years before a player graduates.

I realize that's not the standard but a player can commit anytime they want meaning the longer you wait the higher the risk is that they will end up going elsewhere. ASU had no problem offering two years in advance and what do you know, they landed the player all the while our coaching staff is sitting around twiddling their thumbs wondering whether or not to offer. May not have made a difference anyways but still. I think that part of building a successful program, especially given our recruiting challenges, is being aggressive and having a non-risk-averse attitude.

You should probably spend your time trolling Bama boards because Saban has only won 3 of 4 national titles. Gotta find something to be critical about!!

I'm sure we'll offer eventually and hope we can turn him, but it does suck that ASU was able to offer him first.

Not sure it'll make much of a difference, sounds like plans are for the family to move to Arizona and Avery loved living there.

The kid still has TWO years of high school left. A lot can happen in that time. I don't blame MM for not pulling the trigger yet. The offer will come, and then we'll see how things shake out.

I heard ASU just made an offer to Andrew Luck's sperm. Coach Mac better get his **** together. This won't stand.

I realize that's not the standard but a player can commit anytime they want meaning the longer you wait the higher the risk is that they will end up going elsewhere. ASU had no problem offering two years in advance and what do you know, they landed the player all the while our coaching staff is sitting around twiddling their thumbs wondering whether or not to offer. May not have made a difference anyways but still. I think that part of building a successful program, especially given our recruiting challenges, is being aggressive and having a non-risk-averse attitude.

You are a complete dumb ass and defending your idiotic post only makes you look like a really stupid dumb ass.

I hear there's a kid in middle school who is really tearing it up. I'm gonna be pissed if MM doesn't offer. Like, today.

Adam got an email from Lupe90 on rivals that can be read. While we obviously don't like the decision, it's hard to fault the kid. Sounds like he's just in love with ASU.

I'll be rooting for Avery irregardless of whether he changes his mind or not. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Maybe not this year, but maybe next after our coaches have developed their in-state network, I would like to see them putting out offers to the top CO sophs.

Maybe not this year, but maybe next after our coaches have developed their in-state network, I would like to see them putting out offers to the top CO sophs.

Exactly, and it should be expected. But it is not unreasonable for the coaches to take their time with 2015 prospects right now.

As far as JRK implying that our coaches should have a non-risk averse attitude, I have to shake my head. That is exactly the opposite of what this coaching staff needs to do for us to get out of this mess. Thorough evaluations and more rigid standards for offers are what we need, not passing out offers like they are candy and constantly shuffling acceptable speed/size standards. That is why we find ourselves as one of the slowest BCS teams in the country, and undersized at many positions to boot.

And I will also add that the coaches were not "twiddling their thumbs" in regards to Anderson. They had him up to Boulder for an unofficial visit, they were going to have him back for a camp in early June, and they visited his school the very first day of the Spring Evaluation Period. If that means they are lazy, then you might want to re-adjust your expectations of acceptable recruiting efforts.

Back