What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO CB Avery Anderson (Verbal to Nebraska)

Maybe not this year, but maybe next after our coaches have developed their in-state network, I would like to see them putting out offers to the top CO sophs.

Strategy that worked well for Mack Brown at UT, and the advantage for us is that there aren't the sheer numbers in CO like there are in Texas where Mack managed to screw himself more than a couple of times by shutting down recruitment of another kid in the position if his target accepted as a soph/junior.

How does everyone explain the case of Dalton Risner, an in-state fairly highly rated 2014 player (as in this current class) who somehow got scholarship offers from eight D-1 schools before our staff (armed with their commitment towards keeping top prospects home) was able to offer him a scholarship? And by the way he ended up committing to one of those eight schools, after the fact we then finally decided to offer.

'15 CO CB Avery Anderson (Verbal to Arizona State)

How does everyone explain the case of Dalton Risner, an in-state fairly highly rated 2014 player (as in this current class) who somehow got scholarship offers from eight D-1 schools before our staff (armed with their commitment towards keeping top prospects home) was able to offer him a scholarship? And by the way he ended up committing to one of those eight schools, after the fact we then finally decided to offer.

You do realize that KSjU and Mizzou both waited to see Risner in person before they offered, right?

Scout 300 for 2015:
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=30&yr=2015
AV: 4 Star rating -- #25 CB in the nation

ESPN Junior 300:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300jr/sort/rank/class/2015
AV: 3 Star rating -- #20 Safety in the nation / #47 player (all positions) in the region

247 Sports:
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
AV: 4 Star rating -- Not in Top247 / #348 Composite (.8906) / #20 ATH in the nation / #26 ATH (Composite)

Congrats to Avery, good to see Colorado kids getting that national recognition. Even though he's rolling with the Sun Devils, hopefully he can still make it up to Boulder for a game or two this season.

Congrats to Avery, good to see Colorado kids getting that national recognition. Even though he's rolling with the Sun Devils, hopefully he can still make it up to Boulder for a game or two this season.

Lets see where he actually signs half of ASU's class this season has already de-commited.

Avery Anderson while on JR Day in Lincoln this weekend switched his soft ASU commit to the Huskers. That's two 2015 4**** Colorado players opting to Nebraska. Not sure what to think of all of this. Seems the high school players from Colorado don't yet have confidence in the Buff program. Is the leash getting a little shorter for the CU Coaching Staff? I know more time is needed, but they really have to get after it in the next year.

Avery Anderson while on JR Day in Lincoln this weekend switched his soft ASU commit to the Huskers. That's two 2015 4**** Colorado players opting to Nebraska. Not sure what to think of all of this. Seems the high school players from Colorado don't yet have confidence in the Buff program. Is the leash getting a little shorter for the CU Coaching Staff? I know more time is needed, but they really have to get after it in the next year.
Troll, be quiet. Bragging about getting a soft commit on junior day to go with the commit of a former player's progeny is just (a) premature, and (b) dumb.

For the top two DBs in Colorado in 2015, it may be nice for them to play together, but it sure is maddening to me to see both commit to that place over there. New DB coach in Lincoln was previously at Air Force. Nupe may be able to confirm this, but I bet he was very familiar with Avery and made both him and Lee the top priorities once he started his job.

Surprised Avery flipped, but that's the game. Sounds like both he and Lee really hit it off with Charlton Warren.

Long way to go on this one. Lincoln sucks, and there's really nothing that can be done to change that. Its like a shiny toy that looks great in the box, but falls apart a week after Christmas. I'm sure MM isn't giving up on him. We shouldn't either.

Long way to go on this one. Lincoln sucks, and there's really nothing that can be done to change that. Its like a shiny toy that looks great in the box, but falls apart a week after Christmas. I'm sure MM isn't giving up on him. We shouldn't either.

Yup. Long way to go.

Bsr6rCwCMAA0vd1.jpg

From the All-Colorado team photo shoot ...

All-Colorado Team: "Yes sir, just to be around some of the best guys in the state, all of us here together, it's an honor. I'm excited to be here."

Training in the Denver area: "Such a busy schedule, all the extra 7-on-7s, just all the things I do with my school, I haven't had a chance to get down here. I talk to Matt about once a week."

CU not offering is one of the most surprising things to me this recruiting cycle.

How does this guy not have an offer? Hope HCMM gets on this and makes a huge push to swing Avery.

Wtf Mac offer him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back