What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO RB Chukwuma Obinnah (Verbal to CSU)

Just watched his film, and I hope the coaches offer him soon. Seems like CU could be a good for him academically, too.

Good story, NotKyleRingo.

Last edited:
Is our lack of an offer due to the fact that the staff feels it has enough running backs? I honestly hope not. Any time you can upgrade speed and athleticism at any position, regardless of depth, you do it, IMO. Well except for a kicker or punter, I suppose.

My 2 cents on Obinnah:

1. Looks like a very good athlete.
2. Good program at Grandview that develops talent and plays good CO competition.
3. Limited film and I'm not sure speed is verified (100M times reported from T&F in the 11.85 range make me nervous).
4. I'd love to see him attend the CU camp this summer and earn a scholarship there.

Picked up his first offer from UNCO.

Sound like he may be camping with the Buffs. But he's got a knee injury, so no contact. Also took an unofficial to Washington and sounds very interested. Didn't mention CU as a program that is recruiting him.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1644462

The Bears are a program that Obinnah is more than willing to learn about going forward.

"We haven't visited but we like them. We'll try to visit during the summer and check it out. They told me they would be at the CU and CSU camps so I'll see them there."

BssMH7FCcAA103o.jpg

Forgot to record Chuk's interview at All-Colorado photo shoot. Sounds like Wyoming could offer soon. He bench pressed 320 today, the kid is a tank.

Reactions: DBT
Found his thread - had a great game against valor 10/24/14. Runs real hard downhill, good vision and tough. Would be a great pace changing type back, maybe not a full time 30-40 carries kinda back, but good on short yardage and change the pace.

Very telling that he doesn't have other offers than the UNC one reported. Since the services rely on the players and their associates to report these sometimes that information isn't there but it is very rare. Why is a kid with his reported size and speed not on the radar of a bunch of upper level schools, or at least the MWC schools?

You would think that with that size and speed and a willingness to mix it up that he would at least be getting consideration as an athlete. Can't be due to lack of exposure since he is playing against some schools that are getting solid recruiting attention, people are seeing him on film.

Wonder what the story is here.

Very telling that he doesn't have other offers than the UNC one reported. Since the services rely on the players and their associates to report these sometimes that information isn't there but it is very rare. Why is a kid with his reported size and speed not on the radar of a bunch of upper level schools, or at least the MWC schools?

You would think that with that size and speed and a willingness to mix it up that he would at least be getting consideration as an athlete. Can't be due to lack of exposure since he is playing against some schools that are getting solid recruiting attention, people are seeing him on film.

Well he doesn't run a 4.39 (or even close), for openers. My post above is one of my more regrettable ones on AB.

Speed and injuries in the past probably the reason for lack of offers. Hope he gets a Wyoming offer, he's a good kid.

Well he doesn't run a 4.39 (or even close), for openers. My post above is one of my more regrettable ones on AB.

Speed and injuries in the past probably the reason for lack of offers. Hope he gets a Wyoming offer, he's a good kid.

Walking on at CSU

Really interesting how a kid with his early excitement could just fall off the table. He claimed that he had an electronic time that would make him elite but at his size if he was close to that time and without other issues we would be complaining about other schools poaching Colorado kids again. Either he lost a bunch of speed (which can happen) or there is something else going on for him to have no FBS offers.

Still would have like to have had him as a PWO in Boulder instead of Ft. Collins. He may not have RB speed but he is big enough to play LB and would be worth a look there.

Back