What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 HI ATH Tuli Wily-Matagi (Verbal to Oregon State)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

6_2873083.jpg

Kahuku H.S. (Kahuku, HI)

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 220
40:

Rivals rating: 2*-5.3rr; unranked ATH
Scout rating: 3*; #61 DE
ESPN rating: 3*-75 grade; #49 ATH
247s rating: 3*-81 grade; #105 ATH

Reported Offers: Utah, Utah State, Washington State

[video=youtube;-Gxp3iD8_HM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gxp3iD8_HM[/video]

Since committing to Utah in March, Wily-Matagi has seen a lot of interest. Camp invites from USC and CU, for example.

Has stated he is solid, but seems to be looking.

Projects at TE in college. (ESPN actually lists him at 6'5" and, based on his highlights, he looks taller than the 6'3" every other site has him at.)

Article about his commitment (includes statement about strong interest from CU): http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsutahsports/57649663-59/matagi-wily-utah-kahuku.html.csp

heh. I love that we only do soft verbals for other teams' commits. Come on over those rockies Tuli!

heh. I love that we only do soft verbals for other teams' commits. Come on over those rockies Tuli!

There is a reason for the soft verbal on this one. He may or may not play for CO but I doubt he plays for Utah. We have a good shot. Islanders and Colorado go way back.

He went to the All-Poly camp after our camp. Could be in line for more offers soon.

We look to be in great shape.

He went to the All-Poly camp after our camp. Could be in line for more offers soon.

We look to be in great shape.

I'd be happy if Tuli was our TE for this class. I think he'd be a major contributor as a "move" TE.

Haven't seen a recent update on him but he's Kahuku's starting QB this Fall. Checked out his twitter and it's 99% Utah but he did retweet a couple CU related tweets

Haven't seen a recent update on him but he's Kahuku's starting QB this Fall. Checked out his twitter and it's 99% Utah but he did retweet a couple CU related tweets

Please.

As I said before, this would be an excellent TE fit for this recruiting class. I'd want a JUCO TE to go with him and give him time to develop (not force a redshirt burn). But Tuli could be a big time player here in this system. I'm really not sure how he fits in Utah's system with his skill set.

Please.

As I said before, this would be an excellent TE fit for this recruiting class. I'd want a JUCO TE to go with him and give him time to develop (not force a redshirt burn). But Tuli could be a big time player here in this system. I'm really not sure how he fits in Utah's system with his skill set.

IIRC Utah wants him as DE. CU at TE

Another December 5th visitor.

No other visits scheduled, per Rivals.

( Dec 5th )This sounds like a fun day up in Boulder hopefully recruit gods looking down on us

Timmydub needs to fedex one of those dolls up here pronto

Last edited:
[tweet]541769258276245505[/tweet]
No matter what happens, nice to hear how great an impression we are making. Hopefully, we'll begin seeing dividends soon. Comments like these give me a lot of hope that we are getting close to turning the corner.

This afternoon, Tuli followed the below tweet with a re-tweet of the announcement that Roddie had de-committed from Utah. Hmmm...

[tweet]544568325003423744[/tweet]

I have a feeling we get them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read that. Biggest positive is that he wants to play TE and CU wants him there but Utah and Wazzu have told him they want him as a DE. Should give CU a great advantage.
And he's looking for a good place for his fiance and daughter to live, Boulder has to be extremely attractive given that

Back