What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 LA RB Kendall Bussey (Verbal to Texas A&M)

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

4_1249585.jpg

Isidore Newman School (New Orleans, LA)

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 198
40: 4.42

Rivals rating: 4*-5.9rr; #2 APB (#92 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; #58 RB
ESPN rating: 3*-79 grade; #48 RB
247s rating: 3*-87 rating; #61 ATH

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Arkansas, Cal, Houston, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, LA-Lafayette, LA-Monroe, Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulane, USC, Vanderbilt, W Kentucky

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath with him. He's already on his second commitment (first was Tulane). I think if he switches it will probably be to a school in the SEC.

That being said, I'm not sure if I see him sticking with Nebraska. Newman, the Manning's alma mater, is a small, elite, private school in the heart of old money New Orleans. I know football players spend more time in the weight room than exploring town, but going from that environment to Lincoln would be quite the culture shock. CU gets a couple students from Newman every year and many of their students are certainly familiar with Colorado. Hopefully, they can get in his ear a little.

Rich Fisher played OLB at CU.

The reason Nebraska hired him was for recruiting. According to his bio, he was a prep school head coach for 2 years before he was hired and for 7 years before that he was in business running football camps.

Rich Fisher played OLB at CU.

The reason Nebraska hired him was for recruiting. According to his bio, he was a prep school head coach for 2 years before he was hired and for 7 years before that he was in business running football camps.

Not like we could use another decent recruiter. Generally speaking a good assistant coach can adapt to a number of positions. Give him STs and RBs or have him work with the DBs. With DBs he would have M2 to supervise and instruct until he became comfortable.

Rumor over on the Rivals board is that he contacted HCMM directly after he reopened his commitment. I Don't want to get my hopes up but that is certainly promising.

Rumor over on the Rivals board is that he contacted HCMM directly after he reopened his commitment. I Don't want to get my hopes up but that is certainly promising.
He would certainly be one of those who fits the description HCMM had of getting 11:00 calls due to coaching changes.

Encouraging news. I hope we can finish this class strong. He'd be a great addition.

Re Rich Fisher posts. Charlton Warren also has a very interesting resume- wouldn't mind having either of them on our staff.

get this kid here - between him and Gordon our backfield would be set.

In case you did not know.

http://sportsnola.com/like-father-like-son-bussey-football-family/

did you catch this part?
When he arrived in Boulder, Kendall met a crowded backfield with 13 running back contenders, including 1994 Heisman Trophy winner Rashaan Salaam. Despite assurances from head coach Bill McCartney, Bussey was looking for greener pastures after a pair of seasons with the Buffaloes. “He wouldn’t grant me my release, so I had to pay my own way to transfer to play at Northeast (now ULM).
Hope that doesn't give more reasons for the parents to be down on CU.

did you catch this part?

Hope that doesn't give more reasons for the parents to be down on CU.
I did see that. He is interested from what I have heard and has connections to the school. His dad seen the writing on the wall understandably. Hopefully his boy, sees the writing a little different. Wide open backfield ready for the taking, a school that will expose him to big games so he could make his Heisman run.;

Umm, holy god. He's sort of fast. Screw you nik for giving me hope on this one. He's a game changer for an offense.

Back