What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 NM QB Zach Gentry (Verbal to Texas)

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

ZACHGENTRY_150_070513_1.JPG

Eldorado H.S. (Albuquerque, NM)

Ht: 6'7"
Wt: 215
40:

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #10 QB-P
Scout rating: 4*; #16 QB
ESPN rating: 3*
247s rating: 4*-90 rating; #11 QB

Reported Offers: Alabama, Louisville, Maryland, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, San Diego State, TCU, Tennessee, Texas

Last edited:
New Mexico junior-to-be can sling it

Ryan Koenigsberg
BuffStampede.com
Standing 6-foot-7, 215-pounds as a junior-to-be, quarterback Zach Gentry already has four offers. He camped at CU last week.

4109.gif
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

Kid can absolutely sling the ball. The size of his hands make it look like he's holding a vortex ball.

I would keep an eye on Gentry. The coaches are going to need to get a rough idea of their QB board sooner rather than later. He seems to wnt to play out west.

Our neighboring states New Mexico and Wyoming don't send a lot of players to D-I schools in football so when someone of that caliber pops up I'd sure take notice. I would make a point as a coach of looking at the highest rated player at each position from these states and measure them on our target list against in-staters. NM does not have a BCS school in the state and the nearest ones to Albuquerque by distance are Tech, ASU, and CU in that order. Unless Zach has a preference due to family legacies or a team he grew up rooting for, there shouldn't be an ingrained power school in his area other than which national teams the t-shirt fans are repping these days. Evaluate and build the relationship early, get him here for a junior day and a summer camp with an offer no later than July if he's good enough, and it should work to our advantage more than it may with a recruit who's closer to the conference's California power base.

Now a 4* on Rivals.

Picked up offers from Oklahoma State and Tennessee.

'15 NM QB Zach Gentry

NM does not have a BCS school in the state and the nearest ones to Albuquerque by distance are Tech, ASU, and CU in that order.

Sooners? Just a guess, but I think they're probably closer than we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Harbaugh is trying to flip him to Michigan. Weird recruitment all around, especially as it pertains to the Buffs.

Seems like the Pro-Style guys like him a lot. Otherwise, a lot of mixed reviews.

Texas, Michigan (now), Alabama, Oregon State all running that offense.

Isn't Texas going after ATM's quarterback? I think I just saw that the in home with Texas and Gentry that was scheduled for this week isn't happening anymore.

Isn't Texas going after ATM's quarterback? I think I just saw that the in home with Texas and Gentry that was scheduled for this week isn't happening anymore.

Yes, although Aggy has history on their side with their recent QBs beating out older guys on the depth chart. Interesting dynamic at play with the "house divided." Kyler Murray's uncle Calvin (yes, the baseball one) is a Texas ex while the father Kevin was the QB to succeed Gary Kubiak at A&M in the 80s.

Back