What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX ATH Q Drennan (Verbal to New Mexico)

IMG_1206 (598x800).jpg

Q' just got this in the mail today, this is the second year in a row that he got invited to the NFL Prep 100 Series. I'm sure you guys are getting enough of me talking about Q' but I'm trying to do his PR thing, have to in our location.... :)

Did not mean to dislike the post. Just hit the button by accident on my phone. Damn

Liked it to cancel out. Pops D, I enjoy these updates because it gives us some insight to the type of contact with a recruit throughout the process. The camp circuit is going to be a great networking opportunity. Those in El Paso playing with or against Q' may also get noticed just as he did when they were there to see someone else and his play stood out.

GL man. Send his video out to everyone, attend as many camps as possible and gives interviews anytime he can to the scout/rivals/other recruiting sites; in fact, tell them you are interested in giving an interview.

The CU coaches already know about Q. At this point there's nothing you can do, but wait. I'd suggest you don't just wait around for an offer that may not happen. There are 65 BCS schools and a host of others in D1. If he is willing to move that opens up a lot of options.

View attachment 13996

Q' just got this in the mail today, this is the second year in a row that he got invited to the NFL Prep 100 Series. I'm sure you guys are getting enough of me talking about Q' but I'm trying to do his PR thing, have to in our location.... :)

Are you kidding me? We eat this stuff up. And we love our player's families, too. Keep it coming!

How sad is this, I have been working with the CEO of NUC (national under classmen) to come to El Paso and do a camp because a lot of the guys here cant travel for what ever reason. now its going to be $89.99 for the camp, that's a good price for an NUC combine, but so far every one that I have talked to about using their facility they want to know what's in it for them. I would think that they are playing a part in helping young men try to achieve their dreams would be enough, but not here in El Paso. My son wouldn't even be in it, he would have other things to do so its not even for my son that I'm doing it. Its because there is so much talent here that no one ever gets to see.

How sad is this, I have been working with the CEO of NUC (national under classmen) to come to El Paso and do a camp because a lot of the guys here cant travel for what ever reason. now its going to be $89.99 for the camp, that's a good price for an NUC combine, but so far every one that I have talked to about using their facility they want to know what's in it for them. I would think that they are playing a part in helping young men try to achieve their dreams would be enough, but not here in El Paso. My son wouldn't even be in it, he would have other things to do so its not even for my son that I'm doing it. Its because there is so much talent here that no one ever gets to see.

UTEP doesn't want to host? That seems strange.

utep spring game (427x640).jpg
Q' and his brother Romeo (#12) at the UTEP spring game, the coaches kind of made Q' mad because he was there to watch his brother play and they where trying to talk to him. That's one thing I can say about my sons they are supportive of each other...

View attachment 14044
Q' and his brother Romeo (#12) at the UTEP spring game, the coaches kind of made Q' mad because he was there to watch his brother play and they where trying to talk to him. That's one thing I can say about my sons they are supportive of each other...

Pops

Appreciate the insight you add with your post here. It's very interesting when we get a chance to take a peek at the process from the perspective of a recruits family.

A question, and only looking for a general answer, nothing specific to any schools or individual coaches. We know that this process is important because we are looking at a decision that is going to impact your son's future in a very significant way. At the same time do you have times when you wish that you could just hit a button and turn off the pressure and the calls and the mail, etc. for a period of time and just take a breath. Also have you had any coaches that you have found to be so overbearing that they have removed themselves from consideration simply because they won't give you and your son some space?

UTEP doesn't want to host? That seems strange.

I wonder if the UTEP staff thinks that the camp might bring some other schools in to recruit an area that they have had fairly little competition in for recruiting.

View attachment 14044

Nice aloha shirt and shaka. Do you guys have Hawaii ties? There is a huge HAwaii-Colorado connection, and lots of kids from here go to school in Boulder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pops

Appreciate the insight you add with your post here. It's very interesting when we get a chance to take a peek at the process from the perspective of a recruits family.

A question, and only looking for a general answer, nothing specific to any schools or individual coaches. We know that this process is important because we are looking at a decision that is going to impact your son's future in a very significant way. At the same time do you have times when you wish that you could just hit a button and turn off the pressure and the calls and the mail, etc. for a period of time and just take a breath. Also have you had any coaches that you have found to be so overbearing that they have removed themselves from consideration simply because they won't give you and your son some space?

No he likes the fact that schools are interested in him, because of where we are lactated. Me I wish some of the schools would not try to sale him wolf tickets. I try not to get involved with it as much as I would like to, but he always asks me what I think. I have met a coach that I really felt was laying it on thick, I didn't really say anything, my son is a pretty good judge of character. He's not to worried about starting his first year, if it happens he's ok with it, but he understands and respects the game enough to know that where ever he goes the coach is going to play him when its best for the team. Now would he like to start, what kid wouldn't, but he knows its a team sport and the best players are going to be on the field.

Nice aloha shirt and shaka. Do you guys have Hawaii ties? There is a huge HAwaii-Colorado connection, and lots of kids from here go to school in Boulder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOL,,, no he is black/white/native american/and Spanish. Its funny because people never know what he is,,lol .. yeah my other some Romeo, he did the linebacker thing in high school, he's a freshman at UTEP... his yutube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduOqFfY0V8

they have him playing Safety...

I wonder if the UTEP staff thinks that the camp might bring some other schools in to recruit an area that they have had fairly little competition in for recruiting.

that could be the case because they are recruiting heavily here in El Paso now, because Price the old coach at UTEP we not looking in El Paso at all so Krugler is trying to get all the local talent now.

LOL,,, no he is black/white/native american/and Spanish. Its funny because people never know what he is,,lol .. yeah my other some Romeo, he did the linebacker thing in high school, he's a freshman at UTEP... his yutube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduOqFfY0V8

they have him playing Safety...

That was step one of Timmy's sales pitch. Next, he was going to try to sell you one of those Hawaiian dolls he makes. :smile2:

Air Force

Well today the recruitor came down from Air Force today wanting him to come to their camp. They told him that they have seen, and love what they have seen on film. I guess they had come down and watched two of his games last year.

Thougts on Air Force????

Last edited:
Well today the recruitor came down from Air Force today wanting him to come to their camp. They told him that they have seen, and love what they have seen on film. I guess they had come down and watched two of his games last year.

Thougts on Air Force????

My brother went there (didn't play football.) One of the best schools in the country academically, especially for the hard sciences. Develops kids into men in many more ways than academically and can lead to a great career in the military.

On the other hand it is a whole different lifestyle. Very high pressure, high expectations, high commitment. Football is mid-major, and they outplay their talent level normally.

Thougts on Air Force????

Air Force is a great academic institution. It's a service academy, so there's not much room for slacking off. I'm pretty sure Air Force and UTEP are in the same conference, so he'd get to visit home a couple times at least. You don't go to the Air Force Academy if you have designs on playing in the NFL. You go to Air Force because you want to be an officer in the United States Air Force. There are a lot worse military postings.

Thougts on Air Force????

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about AFA.

Simply comes down to a matter of choice for your son. If it's the right fit for him, it will set him up for a lot of success in life after a very good college experience. It's not the right fit for most people, though. I wouldn't have lasted a week.

Tennessee

Just got word yesterday that a coach from Tennessee is coming down to check out a QB from another school here in El Paso, and asked Q's coach if Q' could come and catch some passes. I guess he wants to kill two birds with one stone.

Just got word yesterday that a coach from Tennessee is coming down to check out a QB from another school here in El Paso, and asked Q's coach if Q' could come and catch some passes. I guess he wants to kill two birds with one stone.
Beware:

20121203__butch-jones-food-cart-120312~p1_300.jpg

(When Butch Jones came to Colorado he didn't want the public to see him so he hid behind a food cart)

Back