What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX ATH Q Drennan (Verbal to New Mexico)

Spring game, eh? Colorado doesn't allow high school spring games. :lol:

Thanks guys, it's nice to see the support that you all give the kids here. I would feel ok with leaving my boy with support like this.

Thanks guys, it's nice to see the support that you all give the kids here. I would feel ok with leaving my boy with support like this.

Whatever team he makes don't visit the boards during the year. Especially if your son is the starting QB. Unless that team is undefeated. :gobuffs:

yeah I understand how that works, I'm just as hard on our boys but more so on the coach. He has the talent it's up to him to put the right kids out there. But Q really has a good feeling about CU, loves the area and the people are so nice, it's like night and day from El Paso.

yeah I understand how that works, I'm just as hard on our boys but more so on the coach. He has the talent it's up to him to put the right kids out there. But Q really has a good feeling about CU, loves the area and the people are so nice, it's like night and day from El Paso.

I don't envy the parents of the athletes. I know that personally, my wife and I say things about and to our son (constructive criticism, setting challenges, etc.) that we wouldn't take well if it came from someone else.

I hope that all the parents, families and friends of CU players who read these boards understand that when we fans get on a player that is is coming from a similar place. We care. They're part of the CU family that means a lot to us. It's not the same as criticism that comes from a loved one, but it's also not coming from a hateful place. Our focus may be more on the program results than the individual, but we do come to care deeply about the individual players as people. When you look through posts on the CU message boards, you see us even cheering on guys who built a relationship on the board but signed elsewhere (or transferred out of here) and wishing them the best in their new place. You'll see posts about guys getting a first job away from sports or having success in other aspects of their life. You'll see posts about supporting others directly or through organizations like Buffs4Life when a former CU athlete is in need of a helping hand.

We're certainly not perfect and some fans are assholes. Or drunk. But on balance, I think the overwhelming majority of us come from the right place.

(And the negative stuff would still piss me off way too much if it was my kid. :lol:)

Just got word yesterday that a coach from Tennessee is coming down to check out a QB from another school here in El Paso, and asked Q's coach if Q' could come and catch some passes. I guess he wants to kill two birds with one stone.

Who's the QB? We still need one of those! Get us a scouting report Pops!

Coach Jeffcoat came to Q's school today, asked me if Q' was still coming to the camp on the 1st of June. Said he really liked what he seen at his practice. Seen him catching and passing, also mentioned that QB from Del Valle coming to the camp I think on the 16th. So it looks like El Paso is starting to get some looks.

There's a lot to like on that film actually.....

Thanks Pop for finding us a QB! Did the Tennessee coach ever watch them throw/catch? What is happening with Q's recruitment right now?

Bummed Pop never came back. Seemed like a cool dude with good insight. That Montez is pretty funny though.

Looks like Q ended up at New Mexico; best of luck to him down there.

Q' is going to be playing QB this year and may actually have a good look at it in the UNM offense. That could end up being a solid fit and he'd be able to do his own thing outside of his hometown while also being at the closest MW school to home. Best wishes to him and Pops on a great fall.

Q' is going to be playing QB this year and may actually have a good look at it in the UNM offense. That could end up being a solid fit and he'd be able to do his own thing outside of his hometown while also being at the closest MW school to home. Best wishes to him and Pops on a great fall.
UNM runs an option system so hopefully he can get a shot at QB.

thanks guys

just want to say thanks to you guys for all the good words, he is happy that he will get a chance at QB in that option system. Yale is still trying to get him, they want him to come to the game when they play Army because thats when they are going to have their alumni will be there. Anyway good luck this year guys, I'll be watching them Buffs do their thing... :thumbsup:

Good for him. Might be hard to turn down Yale. Impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to Q' on all the offers to continue his education and keep playing football. Pops, you've been a Most Valuable Parent in the recruiting forum with the informative stories about the process and camps. You Drennan men are welcome on this board anytime!

Good luck and I'd look closely at that Yale offer. That's tough to turn down in the scope of the next 50+ years.

Good luck and I'd look closely at that Yale offer. That's tough to turn down in the scope of the next 50+ years.

Lot of things to balance. The future value of the Yale education and contacts, on the other hand at UNM he will be able to play in front of friends and family much more often.

Great thing is that this young man worked hard enough both on the field and in the classroom that he has the options.

My expectations are that no matter what he chooses things are going to work out well for him.

Back