What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX ATH Q Drennan (Verbal to New Mexico)

PopsD - it's been a pleasure having you share info with us. I wish you and your family all the best.

That Yale interest has to be very tempting. Good luck to Q wherever to chooses to go. Oh, and don't be a stranger.

Yale doesn't give schollies do they?

Nope. He would be on academic scholarship. That's how they get around it.

Hard to pass up if that sticks. Yale isn't for everyone though.

Technically, they don't offer athletic scholarships at the Ivys. Realistically, if they feel the kid can handle the academic rigors and will help their football team, he won't spend a dime of his own money to attend the school. All those schools have giant endowments that fund scholarships for kids they think might be the President someday. Yale doesn't want Harvard or Princeton to have a future President of the United States playing on their football team.

Technically, they don't offer athletic scholarships at the Ivys. Realistically, if they feel the kid can handle the academic rigors and will help their football team, he won't spend a dime of his own money to attend the school. All those schools have giant endowments that fund scholarships for kids they think might be the President someday. Yale doesn't want Harvard or Princeton to have a future President of the United States playing on their football team.

Yeah that's what the coach told me, he would not have to worry about anything as far as paying. His grades right now qualifies him for an academic scholarship. He could just do the paperwork and walk right into Yale, to me that sounds GREAT, but I'm not the one going to school so I have to let him decide his path. I'm going to try to guide but at the end of the day its what he feels good about that matters. Trust me when I say I would have loved to see him up there with the Buffs, but the coaches I guess didn't think he was a good fit and I respect that because I want him to go where he is wanted, and will get a chance to be apart of and help the school that he's attending. This year he will be playing QB, so really excited about that, I really think around the middle of the season there will be a lot of schools contacting him. The thing is I know he's not going to change his mind because he shook coach Davie's hand and gave him his word, and one thing my son has never done was go back on his word.

FWIW I think he would have been a great Buff Pops. An athletic kid that is academically minded and has integrity. Sounds like someone did a great job of raising him. He will be a success wherever he goes and whatever he does. Don't be a stranger here, keep us posted on your youngsters progress.

Yeah that's what the coach told me, he would not have to worry about anything as far as paying. His grades right now qualifies him for an academic scholarship. He could just do the paperwork and walk right into Yale, to me that sounds GREAT, but I'm not the one going to school so I have to let him decide his path. I'm going to try to guide but at the end of the day its what he feels good about that matters. Trust me when I say I would have loved to see him up there with the Buffs, but the coaches I guess didn't think he was a good fit and I respect that because I want him to go where he is wanted, and will get a chance to be apart of and help the school that he's attending. This year he will be playing QB, so really excited about that, I really think around the middle of the season there will be a lot of schools contacting him. The thing is I know he's not going to change his mind because he shook coach Davie's hand and gave him his word, and one thing my son has never done was go back on his word.

That is an amazing choice for a young man. I'm proud for you.

Well tonight is his first game of the year. They are going to be playing Carlsbad Cavemen, I'll update you guys on how he did.....

Well tonight is his first game of the year. They are going to be playing Carlsbad Cavemen, I'll update you guys on how he did.....

Thanks for all these updates Pops. It's great to see a little behind the scenes for college recruiting. I'll be cheering for him all season and beyond.

Hey guys how have you all been, I know its been some time but been sooooo busy. A little update on Q' 5 games in doing fine, 1-0 in district play 2-3 total but wow the teams that our coach had the boys play huge, but really got them ready for the games that count. Any way this is a link has talks about his stats.. see the buffs are having some up hill work to do but I know they can pull it together.

http://www.ktsm.com/sports/high-sch...cademy-sports-right-stuff-player-watch-week-5

Hey guys how have you all been, I know its been some time but been sooooo busy. A little update on Q' 5 games in doing fine, 1-0 in district play 2-3 total but wow the teams that our coach had the boys play huge, but really got them ready for the games that count. Any way this is a link has talks about his stats.. see the buffs are having some up hill work to do but I know they can pull it together.

http://www.ktsm.com/sports/high-sch...cademy-sports-right-stuff-player-watch-week-5

Cool.

I watched UNM play Fresno last game and I really think that Bob Davie is improving things there. Q looks like he's going into a good situation, regardless of the record right now. Davie's going to want to build a strong defense and a physical team with a QB who can beat you with his legs. It's a very good fit.

Thanks for swinging by again. I'll be cheering for Q!

hey every one, hope you all are doing well. Q' had his official visit this weekend with UNM it was a good visit he seems pleased in what they have planned for him. just wanted to share something with you all though. Soooo last week I think it was Monday, one of the coaches from Colorado came down to offer Q' a scholarship. I must say I was extremely proud of what my son did, he told them that he was not interested in what Colorado had to offer, now before I get beat up let me explain. The coach came to Q' and said we had 2 scholarships left, would he consider excepting one. my son told him in a very respectful way," Coach with all do respect, if you didn't want me earlier why would you come to me now, I am not going to be a last option for anyone, I want to go where I'm wanted, where I'm needed, thanks but no thanks". I say I'm proud of him because I know that Colorado is where he really wanted to go when this all started, but he stood in front of Coach Davie and gave him his word, and shook his hand, and he stood by his word. At a time where athletes de-commit left and right, he did what he said he would do. Good luck to you guys, I know you guys are going to have a great season. #proudpop

Pops,

Hard to argue with integrity and your son showed it.

Said a lot earlier in this process that I would have liked to somehow see your son be a Buff, looks like it wasn't meant to be.

Good luck to him at UNM.

I think the Lobos are going to have a few extra Buffs fans cheering them on when Q' is running all over CSU in the future. Looking forward to seeing it happen.

Qualities you don't see often in youth. He is mature beyond his years. Best wishes as UNM. Would have loved to have had him as a Buff though.

Pops you better check out the facilities they are building in Boulder, they are top notch. Best of luck to Q. Great integrity.

hey every one, hope you all are doing well. Q' had his official visit this weekend with UNM it was a good visit he seems pleased in what they have planned for him. just wanted to share something with you all though. Soooo last week I think it was Monday, one of the coaches from Colorado came down to offer Q' a scholarship. I must say I was extremely proud of what my son did, he told them that he was not interested in what Colorado had to offer, now before I get beat up let me explain. The coach came to Q' and said we had 2 scholarships left, would he consider excepting one. my son told him in a very respectful way," Coach with all do respect, if you didn't want me earlier why would you come to me now, I am not going to be a last option for anyone, I want to go where I'm wanted, where I'm needed, thanks but no thanks". I say I'm proud of him because I know that Colorado is where he really wanted to go when this all started, but he stood in front of Coach Davie and gave him his word, and shook his hand, and he stood by his word. At a time where athletes de-commit left and right, he did what he said he would do. Good luck to you guys, I know you guys are going to have a great season. #proudpop

That's a stand up kid you have. You should be proud.

Can't blame the Buffs for trying, can't blame Q for standing by his commitment. Good luck to him.

Back