What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

15 year anniversary of Miracle in Michigan

14ers4me

Hard to believe it's been 15 years ago today, but what a great day that was. I made it on TV walking toward the CU flag at 4:14. White Colorado T Shirt w/ blue backpack. My 2 seconds of fame. Thanks to Buffnik for the link. My tape at home is about worn out viewing it so many times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nt6HjqtJt8"]YouTube - Miracle In Michigan: Kordell Stewart's Hail Mary Stuns Wolverines[/ame]

Who else was there and what do you remember? For me it was sitting in the end zone seats where Westbrook caught the ball and before the play began thinking it was going to be a long night in Ann Arbor. I didn't think KS could throw it that far. Next thing I know the ball is coming right at us, I saw it get tipped in the air and thought we had a chance. I saw Westbrook grab the ball and before he ever hit the ground I was screaming my head off. As Keith Jackson said, "INCREDIBLE". I doubt I ever withness anything that exciting at a sporting event again.

I made it on TV walking toward the CU flag at 4:14. White Colorado T Shirt w/ blue backpack. My 2 seconds of fame.

Nice celebration, and sweet glasses. :thumbsup:

I remember watching the game at my friends house. I was young. We immediately went outside afterward to throw the football and reenact the catch.

I was not there and was not even watching it on TV. Our local channel was carrying the Alcorn State Game and Steve McNair.

I was looking for the final score and found an announcer giving scores. He gave the score with seconds to go and said looks like a Michigan win. He then went on to one or two more. Then announced Colorado had won on a __ yard pass to the end zone. Do not remember the yardage. And replays will be shown as soon as they could get them. It was just a short time before they showed the replay.

My brother-in-law from Aurora called then. It was the only time any of my brother-in-laws have ever called me. My sisters always did then I would talk with them. It be the the only time as they are all now gone.

Another one the my memories embedded in my mind.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I remember that year vividly, CU could have won that game by 20 had they not killed themselves. I didnt see most of that game, that was the first playoff game I played in so I just caught the ass end of it. That was a good day.

I was there and rushed the field.... I was detained and given a citation. I left the Univ of Mich Police building about an hour after the game and there were STILL Michigan fans tailgating who had NO IDEA THEY LOST!

Back