What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, that is how many "hits" we've had on the football board. Do you still think all the "nagativity" doesn't hurt?

DBT. I've read this post several times in an attempt to understand your point. Then I read the thread to see if that helped.

Just so I'm sure, tell me if this is what you're trying to say:

"There's a lot of traffic on this board. Because there's a lot of traffic, the content of this board affects viewers, participants and guests negatively".

Is that what you're trying to say? If so, I believe your logic is so very, very flawed.

Apparently you've made the assumption that those 150,000 hits (which turn out to be posts, but we'll ignore that, because you didn't know that when you wrote it) were made by people without any opinion about CU football whatsoever. People, who just showed up like a blank slate and permitted themselves to be influenced whatever we--the collective morons--at Allbuffs have written.

They were like all of those people who worshipped satan in the 70's because Fleetwood Mac recoreded some stuff backwards on LPs, and because allegedly The Eagles referenced some ritual massacre in Hotel California.

It somehow assumes that those hits didn't actually come from the people that were spewing the negativity to begin with.

If you really want to understand how Allbuffs affects people, it would require you to establish two statistically sizable groups. One would avoid Allbuffs. The other would not. Then, you would create a test that evaluated how those people not on Allbuffs felt about CU's football team. The other group would provide opinions about the team both before and after browsing this fan site.

Then, maybe you could begin to understand how this site affects fans and other viewers.

If I had to guess (just a shot-in-the-dark) on the effect of Allbuffs on those who view this site, it would that its influence is virtually non-existant.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know me. Mr. Positivity! :thumbsup: I just figure a lot of folks, maybe even recruits, visit the site. I know that guys on the team do. Well, at least I've been told that. Plus, its been two whole days since my last neg rep. I'm becoming a neg rep whore.

I love the positive vibe and you know I have never, ever, neg repped you at all. I think I negged a fusker once...that would be the only time. Hope you do not feel like I am hitting you with neg gleeb gun!

Do you think anyone needs to read this board to know that we suck? 3-9 speaks for itself. Losing to Toledo and CSU speaks for itself. Not winning road games speaks for itself. Do you think people need to read this board to know fans are not happy with Hawk? Bohn had to make an announcement that Hawk will be here next year even though his contract has two years left on it because so many people thought he was going to be fired.

Do you think it is good for the program that we have so many people transferring? That the administration seems to be on different pages? That it looks as though winning is fifth priority at best? That Hawk is lashing back at the media and fans for their criticisms about him? That Hawk thinks we are headed in the right direction and keeps proclaiming it with confidence, even though we have declined since our peak two years ago of 6 wins and 7 losses?

But no, it's the negativity on this board that hurts the program. The fans that care so much to spend every extra minute of their days on this board talking about their team. The fans that spend much of their income on their team. The fans on the board that has a set of season tickets itself. The fans that have bled black and gold for more years than Hawk has wins.

The last day Hawk is the coach of this team will be the last day he wears CU gear. Most of us, on the other hand, will be wearing it until the day we die, and some will probably want to be burried in it.

So what is worse for this program? A coach getting a paycheck for not winning, or the "negativity" portrayed on CU fan boards by CU fans who give paychecks to CU whether they win or lose?

Exactly.

I would think that the reason any player, recruit, or whoever to visit sites like this would be to try and get a better understanding of the feelings of the fans.

Why should any poster withhold their opinion, just to give a false impression of how people really feel.

Being a critic doesn't mean we are right, just that we have an opinion based on what we expect versus what we are presented with.

If this site is supposed to be coordinated with the CU Athletic Department's Public Relations message, then I missed that.

Being a fan of the Buffs is similar to being a voter in America. I will defend your right to say what you feel, and enjoy my right to voice my opinion. The moment that a higher authority demands that "patriotism" (or fandom) only means agreeing with their actions, and not voicing a dissenting opinion, is the day I will stop being a fan. For other fans to "require" that we should only state positive things is similarly wasteful.

Now, if you did point out any specific examples of how a critical opinion on this board (or any other) resulted in harm to the program, please do so. Otherwise, your suggestion is entirely against the principles of our society.

But, it is your right to be able to post your opinion.

Back