What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CA WR Dymond Lee (Verbal to UCLA)

That's the bottom line.

QB is the most important position in football. Of course any coach is going to give a great athlete a shot there if he's got experience and interest. Just like the CU coaches gave Awini (now a very promising LB) over a year at QB and even supported him attending a QB camp to develop his skills.

I don't think anyone is telling Lee "we're recruiting you exclusively as a WR and aren't willing to let you show us what you can do at QB".
Sounds like CU could use this as an example for young Mr lee. It seems the staff went to great lengths to give JA a chance to succeed at qb.

That's the bottom line.

QB is the most important position in football. Of course any coach is going to give a great athlete a shot there if he's got experience and interest. Just like the CU coaches gave Awini (now a very promising LB) over a year at QB and even supported him attending a QB camp to develop his skills.

I don't think anyone is telling Lee "we're recruiting you exclusively as a WR and aren't willing to let you show us what you can do at QB".

From the Rivals comment you referenced below his picture, it just seems like giving him a legit shot at QB is what set UCLA apart from the others. If that's the case, doesn't our staff have to do everything they can to sell him on that opportunity at CU as well?

They can but I would think UCLA has that pitch locked down. I think other teams have to convince him that ucla really doesn't want him as a qb and will move him to receiver very quickly so where does he really want to play receiver?
You mean lie to him like UCLA is?

If he wants a shot at qb, do it imho. Getting guys like this would more than likely give recruiting a kick in the ass. We don't have a sure thing at the qb position after Sefo, I do like Montez, don't know much about Apsay. I realize one is already in the fold but who knows? Maybe DyLee would be good at it.

So at best he watches Rosen play QB for two years instead of coming here to possibly get the QB job or start playing receiver from day one? Considering his brother is here and increasing his worth/playing time, I imagine he's seriously rethinking his verbal. Would love to see him as a Buff, regardless of position.

So at best he watches Rosen play QB for two years instead of coming here to possibly get the QB job or start playing receiver from day one? Considering his brother is here and increasing his worth/playing time, I imagine he's seriously rethinking his verbal. Would love to see him as a Buff, regardless of position.

He can play early at WR a lot of places.

What makes you think he is rethinking his verbal? Hope?

Yes, I understand that. I'm not here to try and be scientific or cerebral, I'm here as a fan.

Yes, dbt, hope. Glass half full kinda stuff - you used to be there, I think.
Yeah, I was there. I still am, really. But it is just suppressed, ya know? There is a lot of reason for hope. But there is a lot of reason to be less than confident. I need Mac to show me he can win a big game.

I'm guessing that Adam wrapped himself in a gift box and hid under Dymond's tree Xmas morning to get this interview. :D

Check it out:

https://colorado.n.rivals.com/news/checking-in-on-dymond-lee

“Right now we only have one [official visit] set up with UCLA but I would love to go check out some other places like Miami, Colorado, Washington, or some of the other offers that I have," Lee said. “I am just going to take it all in stride and weigh out my options at the end of the day.”

No room. They close out receivers with Winfree or Turner....in my opinion. I think they need guaranteed playmakers next year, Lee may not be ready to contribute at a high level right away.

Back