What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OLB JoJo Domann (Signed to Nebraska)

Reading between the lines, it almost appears that CU knows they don't really have a shot and aren't expending a ton of energy on him. But hell if I know.

Yeah, really doubt that

I don't see DBT's assertion being that far fetched. In the quote from Domann, he mentions 6 big time programs (each of them more than once) that have either offered or shown a lot of interest. He doesn't mention CU once as a team that "he's hearing the most from", so I think it's very possible CU has decided to focus elsewhere. I'm not making the lame "CU cooled on him" argument, but it's very possible they don't feel as if they have a chance (cause they probably don't).

I don't see DBT's assertion being that far fetched. In the quote from Domann, he mentions 6 big time programs (each of them more than once) that have either offered or shown a lot of interest. He doesn't mention CU once as a team that "he's hearing the most from", so I think it's very possible CU has decided to focus elsewhere. I'm not making the lame "CU cooled on him" argument, but it's very possible they don't feel as if they have a chance (cause they probably don't).

I just don't see them giving up that early in the process even if they got that sense from him. He is still a highly ranked in state kid in which they were the first to offer.

I just don't see them giving up that early in the process even if they got that sense from him. He is still a highly ranked in state kid in which they were the first to offer.

Maybe Domann was straight up with them and said that he won't be coming to CU. I would respect his ability to be upfront,if that is the case.

I just believe that if CU really wanted/had a shot at this kid as one of their ~9 commitments, they would be talking to him enough to where he at least mentions him when asked, "Who is recruiting you the hardest".

Maybe Domann was straight up with them and said that he won't be coming to CU. I would respect his ability to be upfront,if that is the case.

Yeah true but do you really think a kid would say that who has an agent as a father? That doesn't seem like a very good idea to tell teams that early in the process.

Yeah true but do you really think a kid would say that who has an agent as a father? That doesn't seem like a very good idea to tell teams that early in the process.

This isn't free agency. It's not like he is going to play one school against another to sign a bigger contract.

This isn't free agency. It's not like he is going to play one school against another to sign a bigger contract.

Yeah no ****. I'm just saying his dad knows telling a team that this early in the process isn't smart.

I do

This staff didn't give up on Ballage until he signed his LOI to ASU, why would they stop with Domann in April?

I do

This staff didn't give up on Ballage until he signed his LOI to ASU, why would they stop with Domann in April?

There are a multitude of reasons it could be the case. CU's recruiting behavior with one recruit does not imply that it will be the same with another.

Yeah no ****. I'm just saying his dad knows telling a team that this early in the process isn't smart.

Maybe I am missing something here, but what is the benefit of stringing along a program you have no intention of playing for and why is Domann's Father so aware of it but others are not?

Maybe I am missing something here, but what is the benefit of stringing along a program you have no intention of playing for and why is Domann's Father so aware of it but others are not?

Because you never limit your options, especially with so much time until the end of your senior season. You might have no intention of going there and you don't give them a lot of attention but you never tell them straight up after they offer you a full ride scholarship that you are not going there until you have committed elsewhere. I am pretty sure his dad played college football and is an agent so he knows a little about recruiting and the whole process.

Because you never limit your options, especially with so much time until the end of your senior season. You might have no intention of going there and you don't give them a lot of attention but you never tell them straight up after they offer you a full ride scholarship that you are not going there until you have committed elsewhere. I am pretty sure his dad played college football and is an agent so he knows a little about recruiting and the whole process.

Thanks for the reply and I can see where you're coming from, just not sure Domann has limited options. If he was a borderline P5 athlete I might be more in agreement.

Something very wrong is happening down at Pine Creek. I wonder if the coaches have an issue with Colorado or the famous fusker father has contaminated the pot or something else but they have been turning out a lot of talent and that talent has been ignoring CU.

Could this be some hangover from Embree pissing off the coaches or Hawkins ignoring them?

Something very wrong is happening at every high school in CO/CA/TX/AZ/UT that has legitimate P5 prospects. I wonder if the coaches have an issue with Colorado as they have been turning out a lot of talent and that talent has been ignoring CU.

Could this be some hangover from Embree pissing off the coaches or Hawkins ignoring them?

FIFY

Something very wrong is happening down at Pine Creek. I wonder if the coaches have an issue with Colorado or the famous fusker father has contaminated the pot or something else but they have been turning out a lot of talent and that talent has been ignoring CU.

It's called being terrible for JoJo's lifetime.

We have a 93-128 record since 1997
31-79 since 2005
15-46 since 2010

And we wonder why...

I WILL NOT GIVE UP! WE HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO RECRUIT! IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER! I DON'T HEAR THE FAT LADY SINGING!!
Whatever. I hope we get him to come here. If not, I hope we get someone else as good or better. It sounds like he has several options, unlike me, who nobody really wants.

Definitely didn't stop recruiting him, the opposite actually. Blair Angulo just posted an update.

Remember, Domann is tight with Eric Lee Jr. and Avery Anderson. Not to mention spending a ton of time with Eric Lee Sr. Whether it's kNU or anyone really, CU has an uphill battle

from phone

Remember, Domann is tight with Eric Lee Jr. and Avery Anderson. Not to mention spending a ton of time with Eric Lee Sr. Whether it's kNU or anyone really, CU has an uphill battle

from phone

Your boy Warren McCarty is his street agent guy thing too. The hill, it's real steep.

Your boy Warren McCarty is his street agent guy thing too. The hill, it's real steep.

That guy is a joke. He and I had a back and forth on Twitter about a week ago because he believes CU needs to spend all 9 scholarships for 2016 on the talent in CO, "or else risk playing them for the next 4 years". I heard he was getting destroyed on buffstampede yesterday.

I just keep remembering Balage, he was a highly recruited local kid in the Colo. Spr. area. maybe the coaches learned from that one?

That guy is a joke. He and I had a back and forth on Twitter about a week ago because he believes CU needs to spend all 9 scholarships for 2016 on the talent in CO, "or else risk playing them for the next 4 years". I heard he was getting destroyed on buffstampede yesterday.

Don't hate just because he rocks the Jorts.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1765708

"I want to go to a school that has a coaching staff that invests with me as a person and not just a player," Domann explained. "I want to have a personal relationship with them, not just be another guy. I want to go a place that has won and is going to win, a place where a conference championship or a national championship is in the picture.

Also, visited ASU, liked it a little bit.

The hill is more of a mountain...

Back