What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OLB JoJo Domann (Signed to Nebraska)

Craig Domann (JoJo's dad) is a definitely Jayhawk FWIW (link)

Always thought Nebraska could be the one to beat here. Jojo told me a couple of weeks ago he was really hoping to get an offer at Big Red Weekend. Bret Bielema is a family friend, but not sure how much interest Arkansas has had. The bond with Anderson and Lee is strong.

Last edited:
https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1749999

"K-State was probably the first school I really liked," Domann said. "They were one of the first schools who gave me a lot of interest and they were second to offer behind Colorado. That's part of the reason why I like them so much. The biggest thing with them though are the relationships I've built with the coaches like Mike Cox and Taylor Braet and the fact that they are winners there. K-State knows how to win."

K-State...has this kid been to Manhattan?
The influence of Coach Leavitt on this kid will be interesting to observe.

Always fascinating to read a kids take on programs - like KjSU being winners. Certainly true under Snyder (who won't be there for more than another year or two). But outside of Snyder, they are literally the most futile program in D1 football. They slid right back down under Prince and will do it again with their next hire. And for a school so heavily reliant on JUCOs, will be interesting to see if the new JUCO standards affect them at all. Can't load up on D students in basket weaving any longer.

I've given up trying to think like these kids think. From my experience growing up, kids tend to follow along with their parents. I was a big SMU fan because my folks went there. I couldn't give two ****s about SMU now.

I've given up trying to think like these kids think. From my experience growing up, kids tend to follow along with their parents. I was a big SMU fan because my folks went there. I couldn't give two ****s about SMU now.

Did you kiss your mother with that mouth?
She's turning in her grave.

Always fascinating to read a kids take on programs - like KjSU being winners. Certainly true under Snyder (who won't be there for more than another year or two). But outside of Snyder, they are literally the most futile program in D1 football. They slid right back down under Prince and will do it again with their next hire. And for a school so heavily reliant on JUCOs, will be interesting to see if the new JUCO standards affect them at all. Can't load up on D students in basket weaving any longer.

KSU is at the top of my list of programs that I believe are likely to fall back and then could go to hell after their current coach is done. Duke is also on that list. From the Pac-12, Utah tops my list.

KSU is at the top of my list of programs that I believe are likely to fall back and then could go to hell after their current coach is done. Duke is also on that list. From the Pac-12, Utah tops my list.
I think a better Pac-12 answer is Arizona.

Haven't the news Juco standards been in place a few years?
Snyder had no say in his replacement last time. This time it will be one or more of his current assistants. That's part of his deal now.

I think a better Pac-12 answer is Arizona.

Maybe. Also could say Stanford. All of them are up & down, historically. I'd also watch out for Oregon State. There's the excitement of a new coach right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if what they did under Erickson & Riley is the ultimate height for that program. Kind of like Wazzu under Mike Price.

Haven't the news Juco standards been in place a few years?
Snyder had no say in his replacement last time. This time it will be one or more of his current assistants. That's part of his deal now.

Was passed in 2012 so that year's HS freshman class could prepare for it. Goes into effect next year's class - 2016. LINK

Raises the bar a bit for JUCO transfers, although I doubt it will affect KjSU all that much.

It'd be nice to get them both but Ill take ame this kid over Kemp every time. JoJos a hunter and he'll find the ball and he loves to hit, no fear. Extremely versatile and great raw ability for college, love his vertical too. You watch him on film and you can easily tell he's playing at a whole other level. He could play college ball this season.

That will be a strong LB class when you consider Carlo Kemp of Fairview is also in it. I expect he will be a National recruit.

It'd be nice to get them both but Ill take ame this kid over Kemp every time. JoJos a hunter and he'll find the ball and he loves to hit, no fear. Extremely versatile and great raw ability for college, love his vertical too. You watch him on film and you can easily tell he's playing at a whole other level. He could play college ball this season.

I haven't seen Doman in person. I have seen Kemp. Kemp is a monster. He has it all - size, speed, instinct, football IQ and a knack for finding the football. I want them both. They would instantly upgrade our defense and make it competitive in the PAC 12. Of the two, I think Kemp is probably considered the more polished and sought after. Kemp can probably choose whatever school he wants. Domans options will be a little more limited, but will still be highly recruited.

Right you you are they are both solid. Dormann is very underrated though and not being given the hype he deserves, much like Gilliam, McCulloch, or many other buffs that only got one or 1-2 legit offers out of hs to play for a real conference like the PAC 12 rather than playing in the Mt west or WAC. He's been offered by pretty legit schools though and I know there'll be a few more. From what I've heard on kemp he has a big mouth and creates an unsportsmanlike penalty here and there. But again, that's what I was told by a few other Buff faithful I know.

Go watch Dormann on film though, watch how he plays above everyone else and the way he gets to the ball, great hands too, as a coach you love to see a player like him making those kind of plays and always looking for the next chance to light someone up. It'll be interesting to see how he'll be used in college. Diamond in the rough here, He'll be a steal.

I haven't seen Doman in person. I have seen Kemp. Kemp is a monster. He has it all - size, speed, instinct, football IQ and a knack for finding the football. I want them both. They would instantly upgrade our defense and make it competitive in the PAC 12. Of the two, I think Kemp is probablconsidered the more polished and sought after. Kemp can probably choose whatever school he wants. Domans options will be a little more limited, but will still be highly recruited.

A mid-3* prospect with multiple P5 offers before the Spring Evaluation Period starts is not a diamond in the rough.

Domann is a blue chip recruit, anyone is disagrees is kidding themselves.

Says Mel Kiper over here. And yes he is that good. Just because he doesn't have 4-5 stars by his name doesn't mean dick. Look what happened to Darren Scott, 5 star kid lost his job to a 2 star Rodney Stewart.

A mid-3* prospect with multiple P5 offers before the Spring Evaluation Period starts is not a diamond in the rough.

Says Mel Kiper over here. And yes he is that good. Just because he doesn't have 4-5 stars by his name doesn't mean dick. Look what happened to Darren Scott, 5 star kid lost his job to a 2 star Rodney Stewart.
:/ where to start

Nobody is guaranteed to be great or even good but Old Man Snyder isn't stupid and Nebraska doesn't recruit a lot of "developmental" guys. Those two offers are better than most of our recent signees have had and indicate that he isn't under the radar, he's legit.

I'm not saying it will be Dormann but you would think that leavitt would be able to land one high caliber linebacker. The guy seems to have a great personality and I am surprised he hasn't gotten more press from recruits in interviews about colorado.

I'm not saying it will be Dormann but you would think that leavitt would be able to land one high caliber linebacker. The guy seems to have a great personality and I am surprised he hasn't gotten more press from recruits in interviews about colorado.

Well we do know Leavitt was with Kemp during his visit a few weeks back.

Awesome post.

For $500k a year with the budget the CU athletic dept has, he better be laying a trail of golden bricks for recruits to follow to CU. I don't know how they can afford that for him right now with $$$ being what it is for this place. I know it ain't what I'd call plush right now. Kemp and Dormann and many others better be looking to sign after they see the new complex as well.

Back