What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OLB JoJo Domann (Signed to Nebraska)

For $500k a year with the budget the CU athletic dept has, he better be laying a trail of golden bricks for recruits to follow to CU. I don't know how they can afford that for him right now with $$$ being what it is for this place. I know it ain't what I'd call plush right now. Kemp and Dormann and many others better be looking to sign after they see the new complex as well.

Baer was only making $50,000 less so it's not like it was some huge change.

Who is saying he's a diamond in the rough?

Right you you are they are both solid. Dormann is very underrated though and not being given the hype he deserves, much like Gilliam, McCulloch, or many other buffs that only got one or 1-2 legit offers out of hs to play for a real conference like the PAC 12 rather than playing in the Mt west or WAC. He's been offered by pretty legit schools though and I know there'll be a few more. From what I've heard on kemp he has a big mouth and creates an unsportsmanlike penalty here and there. But again, that's what I was told by a few other Buff faithful I know.

Go watch Dormann on film though, watch how he plays above everyone else and the way he gets to the ball, great hands too, as a coach you love to see a player like him making those kind of plays and always looking for the next chance to light someone up. It'll be interesting to see how he'll be used in college. Diamond in the rough here, He'll be a steal.

This guy.

Says Mel Kiper over here. And yes he is that good. Just because he doesn't have 4-5 stars by his name doesn't mean dick. Look what happened to Darren Scott, 5 star kid lost his job to a 2 star Rodney Stewart.

I am not sure you understand your own argument.

Was passed in 2012 so that year's HS freshman class could prepare for it. Goes into effect next year's class - 2016. LINK

Raises the bar a bit for JUCO transfers, although I doubt it will affect KjSU all that much.

SD - that link doesn't address the new Juco standards you referred to, but HS eligibility, which was phased in.
I believe the Juco standards were stiffened even beyond that in 2013 effective for 2014 class - link.

He took 8 in 2013.
He took 10 in 2014.
He took 1 in 2015.

For whatever reason, Snyder appears to have shifted away from the Juco's at KSU.

Why y'all keep butchering his name, it was Donought Scott. 4.3 my ass, that dude from Toledo chased him down from behind. That was a bad night.

Domann is a blue chip recruit, anyone is disagrees is kidding themselves.
He could be by time it is all said and done, but at this point he isn't. Having said that, Domann is the type of kid we have to keep home. Come on Coach Leavitt, reel this one and Kemp in.

Very defensive answer

The point is this: Calling him a diamond in the rough is a false notion because he is not an "under the radar" recruit anymore. He is a big time talent that already has multiple Power 5 offers before the Spring of his senior season. He won't be a steal as he is very well known around the P5 recruiting community and will have many more offers coming his way over the next several months.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I only call him a diamond in the rough because he only has 3 stars and only a handful of offers compared to the kids rated around kemps caliber and he's not getting the same attention when should be cause as far as I'm concerned he's just as good, and we won't know until their both playing in college. He should be getting more hype or whatever, which I have no doubts he will, and it'll be a huge addition for CU if he signs. I'm sure he has a whole slew of D1-AA offers but where would you rather play? BCS or the big sky? So far CU, NU & KSU are all he has. Kemp has many more. So should Dormann

The point is this: Calling him a diamond in the rough is a false notion because he is not an "under the radar" recruit anymore. He is a big time talent that already has multiple Power 5 offers before the Spring of his senior season. He won't be a steal as he is very well known around the P5 recruiting community and will have many more offers coming his way over the next several months.

With an pretty good offer list, would speak well of the staff if they are able to keep him in state.

Thank you!!! I only call him a diamond in the rough because he only has 3 stars and only a handful of offers compared to the kids rated around kemps caliber and he's not getting the same attention when should be cause as far as I'm concerned he's just as good, and we won't know until their both playing in college. He should be getting more hype or whatever, which I have no doubts he will, and it'll be a huge addition for CU if he signs. I'm sure he has a whole slew of D1-AA offers but where would you rather play? BCS or the big sky? So far CU, NU & KSU are all he has. Kemp has many more. So should Dormann

Around here we call that blue chip.

Those are not the only two categories of recruits.

Those are not the only two categories of recruits, so still not sure you understand your own argument.

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1537219-domann-planning-summer-decision?s=73

"Of the schools that have offered me, I'm hearing the most from Kansas State, Nebraska and Arizona State," Domann said. "Of the schools that haven't offered yet, I'm hearing a lot from Michigan, Penn State and Michigan State.
"Michigan said they want to see me in person so they're coming to my school April 16. Then I'll set up an unofficial visit to get out here and hopefully they'll offer. I'll definitely be visiting Kansas State, Nebraska and ASU as well and everything is up for grabs. I want to see who shows sincere interest in me and who comes out to see me and then that's who I'll go and check out as well."

Sigh...

Back