What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#16 CU (WBB) at New Mexico - today at 1pm

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Important game. New Mexico is going to be in the top half of the MWC and played Texas Tech within 8 on the road. Solid team that's familiar with CU, making this a trap game on the road coming off an emotional win on Wednesday night.

Buffs look to move to 4-0 and improve its national rank of #16 in AP and #20 in Coach's. Iowa had been #26 in both polls entering this week, so that win's going to open some eyes of voters as long as our Buffs follow it up today.

Also - CU WBB hasn't lost a non-conference game since 2010. Let that sink in for a moment in terms of the job Lappe is doing with this program.

Today's Game Notes:

THE GAME: The University of Colorado will travel to face the University of New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 23, at 1 p.m. at The Pit in Albuquerque, N.M.

BROADCAST:
Saturday’s game will air live on KKZN AM 760. Mike Rice will handle play-by-play duties and will be joined by Carol Callan of USA Basketball with the color commentary. A live audio stream of the game will also be available through CUBuffs.com. [Live Stats and Live Audio can be linked from the WBB schedule on cubuffs.com]

OPENING TIP: Colorado is averaging 86.5 points over the last two games. The Buffaloes’ 90 points against Iowa on Wednesday were their most since defeating Grambling State 92-43 on Dec. 30, 2009.

ABOUT THE BUFFALOES:
No. 16 (AP)/20 (USAT) Colorado improved to 3-0 overall with a 90-87 win over Iowa on Nov. 20. The Buffaloes have started 3-0 or better the last three seasons, in fact are in the midst of a 27-game winning streak in regular season nonconference games.

Colorado is averaging 78.7 points per game while hitting 42 percent from the field and a Pac-12 Conference-best 74 percent from the foul line. The Buffaloes are distributing the ball well, averaging 18.3 assists per outing, ranking second among league counterparts in the early portion of the season.

The Buffaloes’ defense has limited opposing offenses to 59.7 points despite giving up 87 to Iowa which snapped a 34-game string of allowing less than 70. Colorado is holding opponents to 35 percent shooting from the field, including a frigid 18 percent from beyond the arc. Colorado has enjoyed a plus-13 rebound advantage and are forcing nearly 18 turnovers per game.

ABOUT THE LOBOS: New Mexico, 1-2 overall, will be looking to snap a two game slide. The Lobos won their season opener 69-65 against Loyola Marymount but have lost back-to-back tough games at Texas Tech (64-56) and at home against Texas (67-52). New Mexico averages 59 points per game while shooting 34 percent from the field and 59 percent from the foul line. UNM is pulling down 44 rebounds per game, holding a slight advantage over its opponents (+0.7).

Junior guard Antiesha Brown paces the Lobos at 19.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. She is hitting 51 percent from the field and has also dished out 2.7 assists per contest. Junior center Ebony Walker is averaging 10.3 points and 5.7 rebounds off the bench for the Lobos. Sophomore guard Bryce Owens leads New Mexico at 3.0 assists per game while also scoring 7.3 per outing.

Yvonne Sanchez is in her third year as head coach at New Mexico with an overall record of 29-36.

THE SERIES:
This will be the 14th meeting between Colorado and New Mexico, and only the third in the last 21 years. Colorado holds a 7-6 series lead after claiming an 84-39 win over the Lobos on Dec. 29, 2012 in Boulder. New Mexico won the first six meetings between 1975-79 as the programs competed together in the Intermountain Conference (AIAW). The Buffaloes have won the last seven, including the last meeting at The Pit, a 78-63 decision on Nov. 11, 2001. The series is an even 3-3 in Albuquerque.

BIG WIN STREAKS:
With the win over Iowa, Colorado extended its streak of non-conference regular season wins to 27 games. The Buffaloes claimed perfect 11-0 nonconference marks in each of the last two seasons. Colorado won its final two non-league games in 2010-11, as the streak began with a 74-52 win over Colgate on Dec. 30, 2010.

:gobuffs:

Offense has been clicking today. Defense still needs to come together, but we're early in the season.

:gobuffs:

CU Women's Hoops @CUBuffsWBB
All 9 Buffs that have played have scored, @JameeSwanCU50 adds in 8 as Buffs lead 61-45, 11:19 remaining #GoBuffsGo

Looking good so far. Up 67 - 47 with 7:43 to go. Video feed from New Mexico is pretty good. No Arielle so I'm guessing that evaluation for concussion symptoms after the Iowa game said she shouldn't play today. Hope she's OK.

74 - 51 with 4:29 to go. Lauren Huggins is amazing. She's 4 - 7 from three point land. Great weapon to have on our side.

85-53 Final

I didn't get to see it but looks like the offense was rolling again. Nice that they don't even flinch when they are down one of their best players.

And everyone was worried about where the points would come from without Chuckie. Points are gushing out of this team!

Last edited:
4 players were in double figures. I listened on the radio as I didn't realize there was a feed to watch. Arielle was left home due to a concussion sustained in the Iowa game.

This team can score. It was easy last year to let Chucky take over the scoring. Nobody is really doing that this year and I liked this style of basketball better.

Team was draining 3's. At one point, Hargis had an open look at the basket and threw the ball out to Huggins and she drained the 3.

I've started checking the home team's web site for CU road games. Many schools are now offering free live stream of their home games. That's how I found both the CSU stream and todays UNM stream.

I've started checking the home team's web site for CU road games. Many schools are now offering free live stream of their home games. That's how I found both the CSU stream and todays UNM stream.

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely be checking for Wyoming and Louisville.

Back