What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 JC ILB Jordan Kunaszyk (Signed to Cal)

ILB becomes a HUGE need for the 2017 class.

I had to laugh when reading the recent Daily Camera article on Gamboa and there was mention of "depth" at the position.

Really thought we had him :'( with the snow yesterday and this news, I need some good cu news to believe in good things again.

So we got the wrong side of the coin again. Sure gets old after a while.
Time to get out and close on some linebackers.

if-youre-not-first-youre-last.jpg

Cu can build all the new facilities they want, until they start winning and actually go to one of the 1000 bowl games, they will continue to lose out 80% of the time.

http://www.scout.com/college/california/story/1655172-beyond-commitment-jordan-kunaszyk

Nearly 10 years ago, a young Jordan Kunaszyk and his youth football team paid a visit to Berkeley for a game.

"That's a dream come true," Kunaszyk said the day of his commitment. He now has three more years to play three for the Golden Bears, and will enroll in the summer.

"I'd been to Cal on visits, and I think, once I saw Colorado, it made me think a little bit more," he said. "I really liked Colorado a lot, and after my visit, I really thought about it a lot, prayed about it and slept on it. I just think, all along, deep down inside of me, in my heart, and my guy feeling, it's been Cal. Ever since I went on my first visit, I've told my parents that I really see myself playing here, and I could see myself excelling here, and being successful.

"The good thing, at Cal, with the 4-2-5, is that it's what I ran at my junior college," he said. "It definitely is a scheme I see myself succeeding in, and I love the scheme."

ILB becomes a HUGE need for the 2017 class.

I had to laugh when reading the recent Daily Camera article on Gamboa and there was mention of "depth" at the position.

At the risk of saying something controversial - at what point do we begin to worry about Leavit's recruiting? We haven't signed a top level LB (his position group) since he got here and became HC in waiting.

At the risk of saying something controversial - at what point do we begin to worry about Leavit's recruiting? We haven't signed a top level LB (his position group) since he got here and became HC in waiting.

I think it's safe to say Pookie and Akil are going to be studs.

65 year old DC'S shouldn't be expected to recruit much. Leavitt pitches in plenty. The problem was the rest of the staff not pulling their weight

Need some playmakers there for sure in 2017. I like Maka, but realistically, landing a player who will be here one out of the next three years is not exactly lighting it up. No reason not to land some good players here in 2017 because the playing time is clearly there.

Yes, our linebackers are a combination of injury prone, underperforming, and young, but compared to Cal, there is a lot of competition at dear old CU. The Bears suffered serious attrition at linebacker, and the depth charts I found show only Nickerson, a junior, playing ILB. Broussard, a senior to be, left the team. As reported on one of their sites, "Cal is thin at the linebacker position going into 2016. Jalen Jefferson graduated. Michael Barton moved onto Arizona. Jake Kearney medically retired. Nathan Broussard decided against another year of eligibility. So the Bears have three linebackers that saw significant reps that are back this season: Hardy Nickerson, Ray Davison and Devante Downs. There will be competition on that two deep chart this season from plenty of new faces."

CU has three sophomores - Falo and Gamboa with some significant PT under their belts, and this year's JC signee, Drew Lewis. There are also a bunch of seniors, led by Olugbode. The Junior class has a beefed up Gillam, and an experienced Shaver. Throw in Gilbert, Coleman, and McCartney at OLB, and immediate playing time seems a whole lot more likely at Cal.

A goat could have recruited Kunaszyk to Cal, his dream school, right now. Cal was 8-5 last year, CU was not. However, Leavit got the defense turned around using his X's and O's with the Jimmys and Joes he was dealt. I fully expect them to take another step forward this year, while the offense matches or exceeds what they did two years ago. The Buffs have a killer schedule, ripe with upsets for the taking. The 2017 LB class is where I expect to see a stud or two, then AllBuffs will have to find some other nit to pick.

Yes, our linebackers are a combination of injury prone, underperforming, and young, but compared to Cal, there is a lot of competition at dear old CU. The Bears suffered serious attrition at linebacker, and the depth charts I found show only Nickerson, a junior, playing ILB. Broussard, a senior to be, left the team. As reported on one of their sites, "Cal is thin at the linebacker position going into 2016. Jalen Jefferson graduated. Michael Barton moved onto Arizona. Jake Kearney medically retired. Nathan Broussard decided against another year of eligibility. So the Bears have three linebackers that saw significant reps that are back this season: Hardy Nickerson, Ray Davison and Devante Downs. There will be competition on that two deep chart this season from plenty of new faces."

CU has three sophomores - Falo and Gamboa with some significant PT under their belts, and this year's JC signee, Drew Lewis. There are also a bunch of seniors, led by Olugbode. The Junior class has a beefed up Gillam, and an experienced Shaver. Throw in Gilbert, Coleman, and McCartney at OLB, and immediate playing time seems a whole lot more likely at Cal.

A goat could have recruited Kunaszyk to Cal, his dream school, right now. Cal was 8-5 last year, CU was not. However, Leavit got the defense turned around using his X's and O's with the Jimmys and Joes he was dealt. I fully expect them to take another step forward this year, while the offense matches or exceeds what they did two years ago. The Buffs have a killer schedule, ripe with upsets for the taking. The 2017 LB class is where I expect to see a stud or two, then AllBuffs will have to find some other nit to pick.

By the way the question wasn't really specific to to Kunasyk but just in general Jim's got a full year under his belt and as Duff mentions Maka should be a player but he isn't going to contribute a ton over the next three seasons, outside of that we haven't really recruited well at LB since Mac2 got here and so far under Jim we haven't seen the uptick we'd hope for in recruiting - he's crushed it in X&O's though.

Back