What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 TNFR QB Zach Allen (Rutgers)

It is entirely possible that every single sentence below is true:

• He was never TCU's best option to play quarterback.
  • TCU had/has two or three quarterbacks that were/are better than him.
  • He would be the best (or second best) quarterback on CU's roster in 2016 and 2017.
Not one of those statements disapproves or contradicts any of the others.

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that a 3rd string player at *any position*, on a team that has spent time ranked in the top 10 the past couple years, is better than some of the guys on our 2 deep.

• He would be the best (or second best) quarterback on CU's roster in 2016 and 2017.

It is entirely likely that a 3rd string player at *any position*, on a team that has spent time ranked in the top 10 the past couple years, is better than some of the guys on our 2 deep.
fify.

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that a 3rd string player at *any position*, on a team that has spent time ranked in the top 10 the past couple years, is better than some of the guys on our 2 deep.
logicccc

Who was the kid who transferred in from Georgia a few seasons ago? There was some significant hype that we were getting a depth player from UGA and if I recall it was kind of a meh move. Will Allen be better than that kid? If he was able to be a QB2 at a prominent TCU and still see some meaningful offensive snaps in other roles; I'd take a flyer on Allen. If he comes in and is not a stud at a minimum he contributes to the program, earns a graduate degree and move along in two years.

Wow. Not that I know Allen is useful, not that I was sure Webb was the answer, it just looks like there isn't much at the QB position depth wise and there is a gigantic hole between the Srs. and the next class which now, thanks to Apsay leaving is a RSFr. But what do I know?

Wow. Not that I know Allen is useful, not that I was sure Webb was the answer, it just looks like there isn't much at the QB position depth wise and there is a gigantic hole between the Srs. and the next class which now, thanks to Apsay leaving is a RSFr. But what do I know?
Sefo better be healthy and Montez better be ready if so. I don't even like Gerhke as a 3rd string, let alone a 2nd or *shivers* 1st.

Who was the kid who transferred in from Georgia a few seasons ago? There was some significant hype that we were getting a depth player from UGA and if I recall it was kind of a meh move. Will Allen be better than that kid? If he was able to be a QB2 at a prominent TCU and still see some meaningful offensive snaps in other roles; I'd take a flyer on Allen. If he comes in and is not a stud at a minimum he contributes to the program, earns a graduate degree and move along in two years.
Logan Gray. I thought of him w/r/t Allen as well.

Here's what the draft statement looked like:

"we're working our asses off to try and bring another quarterback in, but so far in 2016 we've had two bail out on us at the last minute, so no, we're not actually "planning" on adding a quarterback in 2016, but it'd be great if we could actually land one."

Logan Gray. I thought of him w/r/t Allen as well.

Wasn't a lot of hype on him, but he did help us. Caught a pass or two per game and usually for significant yards. Think he returned a few punts, too. This is when CU was having to go to walk-ons for the WR rotation, so he improved the team. I had no problem with that addition.

Sometimes I think CU fans take too much of a binary reasoning approach: a guy either sucks or he's great. What we should be focusing on is improving our roster. If we're always getting better and more talented, the team is improving. Some moves don't end up being major game changers, but they still make you better. And the small moves add up.

My next thought is that this means he's a lot more confident in Sefo/Montez handling the load/saving his job in 2016.
Doesn't sound like he has a choice in the matter. But, I too, hope Sefo and/or Montez set the world on fire.

..or maybe HCMM has finally learned that it's better not to let anyone know you're interested in a player, because A) other coaches can and will recruit them out from under you if the choose; and B) the PTSD Buff faithful on the interwebs will absolutely freak the **** out if you don't manage to land that publicly pursued player.

Back