What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 WA QB Jacob Eason (Verbal to Georgia)

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

JACOB-EASON-140418-PRO.JPG

Lake Stevens H.S. (Lake Stevens, WA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/skinnyqb10

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 205
40:

Rivals rating: 5*-6.1rr; #1 QB-P (#4 overall)
Scout rating: 5*; #2 QB (#11 overall)
ESPN rating: 5*-91 grade; #1 QB-P (#8 overall)
247s rating: 5*-99 rating; #1 QB-P (#1 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Washington State

Last edited:
He camped at Georgia and the staff has been recruiting him for over year. He cited academics, system and stability of the coaching staff as factors in his decision. On the surface, it seems like an odd choice, given he's from WA, but UGA put their recruiting work in.

A lot of people had been recruiting him as long and hard as UGA. Eason's dad was a QB in the NFL so I don't think these things had anything to do with it. I'm sure his Dad is doing diligence on who is going to get his kid to the league.

UGA has put a lot of QBs in the NFL recently (Stafford, Murray). Richt is considered top notch, but he did lose Bobo so that might be enough to reopen this kids recruiting?

A lot of people had been recruiting him as long and hard as UGA. Eason's dad was a QB in the NFL so I don't think these things had anything to do with it. I'm sure his Dad is doing diligence on who is going to get his kid to the league.

UGA has put a lot of QBs in the NFL recently (Stafford, Murray). Richt is considered top notch, but he did lose Bobo so that might be enough to reopen this kids recruiting?

Tony Eason? Great talent and college QB who didn't really have the frame to hold up to NFL punishment, but had the skills.

Tony Eason? Great talent and college QB who didn't really have the frame to hold up to NFL punishment, but had the skills.

Correction, his dad played at Notre Dame and was not a QB.

But he is very involved in the recruiting process. I'm sure who the coach would be and the track record to get QBs into the NFL was the main priority.

If all SEC teams I kind of root for Georgia to push through and beat the other powers. Obviously they always do well but simply can't get over the hump

Rumor is that Eason will transfer now that Fromm is starting and Georgia has another 5 star QB in this recruiting class. Stanford and Washington are potential landing spots in the PAC 12 along with FSU, Miami and Michigan.

Back