What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA ATH TraJon Cotton (Verbal to Oregon State)

Haha that's what I mean! Crazy that we are now in the convo and look like a frontrunner over some pac12 foes.

Edit: I can definitely see how it came across like that, mostly just wanted to use the Michael Scott turntables quote lol.

Last edited:
http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-bl...l-recruiting-cotton-taking-time-but-impressed

Howell recruiting piece (cringe), some good stuff though.

"I'll probably take my time," said Cotton, a star at Inderkum High School in Sacramento, Calif. "I kind of want to go on my official visits once I really narrow it down. I want to take some official visits to see the game day environments of the schools I want to go to."

"I haven't really narrowed it down, but a couple stand out to me - Colorado definitely, Oregon, UCLA, Nebraska, Hawaii, Utah, Oregon State," he said.

"I loved it," Cotton said of his visit to Boulder. "The campus was beautiful, the scenery and everything. The facilities were top notch. I think they're up there with Oregon's, if not better."

Cotton enjoys playing offense and defense, but doesn't care where he plays in college.

"Just put me on the field," he said. "I just want to ball."

Current plan is to enjoy the recruiting process and take some OVs before committing. No surprise there.

Really loved his quoted in this new interview:

"I loved it," Cotton said of his visit to Boulder. "The campus was beautiful, the scenery and everything. The facilities were top notch. I think they're up there with Oregon's, if not better."

Cotton said he likes what CU is building.

"I know what Colorado was," he said, referring to CU's 1990 national championship. "I think they can really get back there. I love (head coach Mike) MacIntyre and I just think they're headed in the right direction."

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-bl...l-recruiting-cotton-taking-time-but-impressed

Hearing more and more recruits mention a connection with HCMM! Sounds like they love that he's genuinely interested in them after football too.
This is great and a huge reason I like Mike MacIntyre, but you also must have a killer instinct and go for blood on the field in college football. You must have both. It's time for him to earn it and get to a bowl.

I am not a fan of this thread. Every time I open the page I see the old PAC 12 Top 3 before CU got into the fray. Then I remember someone just tried to scare us on here.

I like this young man. Very electrifying personality and even if he is not the highest rated out of the group, he appears to be a guy others rally around and really like. Hoping he will be a Buff.

But we still have 10 months so I will not hold my breath.

Its his Birthday today. If your on Twitter might be a good idea to send him a happy birthday shout out. He re tweets everything and is really enjoying "the Love".

I can't get this video to play at the link. Can anyone else? Any good news or updates?

• Colorado has a real good shot at landing him. LOVES coach Clark and Leavitt.
  • Asked about raving about us after his earlier visit, said he really liked the scenery.
  • Still talks to N.J. Who is trying to convince him and Josh to come out here.
  • Asked about what it means to have a Cal offer and stay close to home: doesn't mean anything to him about staying close to home.

I can't get this video to play at the link. Can anyone else? Any good news or updates?

Looking to play DB strictly. CB or S. Schools will make the choice when he arrives. Most see him as an elite CB.

Visited CU, Cal, UO, SJSU, USC, and UCLA

CU was just on Campus

Buffs have a real shot at landing him. Loves Clark and met Leavitt finally. Likes CU a lot. Still talking to Falo, who is trying to recruit him to CU. Thinks he has a shot to play early. Loved Boulder on his visit.

Ducks impressed him. Players were very welcoming.

Cal "Don't really care about staying close to home"

USC close to offering. They like him a lot. Met HC, being recruited by DB coach.

UCLA, used to talk daily. Contact has fallen off recently.

Lot of schools still in the mix. Neb, Mich, OSU, Utah. ASU may offer, ND may offer.

Decision time frame may be delayed, but if he falls in love with a school he will pull the trigger, otherwise will enjoy the process.

Seems like CU leads for Cotton. He definitely likes the show, so it's good that CU is recruiting him the hardest and most creatively.

Back