What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA C Evan "Big Gravy" Battey (Signed to COLORADO)

Spoke with him at the USC game ... he is articulate and seems like a very upbeat, personable guy ,,, was on his feet much of the game cheering them on, even when things were not going so well. I think that he will be a good addition to the chemistry of the team.

Spoke with him at the USC game ... he is articulate and seems like a very upbeat, personable guy ,,, was on his feet much of the game cheering them on, even when things were not going so well. I think that he will be a good addition to the chemistry of the team.

Battey is very much like Peters - young, fun, charismatic and the fans will love him if he's allowed to shine.

Seems like more of a PF or is Tad gonna roll with him at C? His body mass will offset some of the height thing.

Seems like more of a PF or is Tad gonna roll with him at C? His body mass will offset some of the height thing.

He'll play forward. I expect that we'll use him (or hope to) a lot like you see guys like Kris Jenkins and Draymond Green being used.

He'll play forward. I expect that we'll use him (or hope to) a lot like you see guys like Kris Jenkins and Draymond Green being used.
Yeah kinda figured he would, that's exactly what he looks like. Also, I wouldn't mind if he dropped a bit of weight, play around 260.

Do you mean he will be used on the perimeter? I see Jenkins as primarily a spot up shooter, whereas Draymond is used to facilitate through PnR and drive and kick. Would love to see the latter, this year has shown what you get when you only have a handful of players capable of being the primary facilitator.

Do you mean he will be used on the perimeter? I see Jenkins as primarily a spot up shooter, whereas Draymond is used to facilitate through PnR and drive and kick. Would love to see the latter, this year has shown what you get when you only have a handful of players capable of being the primary facilitator.

Perimeter and high post on offense. The specifics will determined by how his skill set develops.

On NSD, Brian Snow writes that "Battey especially would be an insane prospect as a football player."

Probably the most unique basketball prospect in the country.

Was thinking about Battey a few nights ago and this comp jumped into my head. I know @RumblinBuff would be happy with this.

Now check out Battey.

He doesn't have the control or post moves that Burton does, but that's to be expected. Both are 6'7" and "290" lbs..

Think Burton has longer arms. Otherwise, for extra fun, play them at the same exact time. It's uncanny.

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/7/...ngs-big-game-personality-to-boyles-buffs.aspx
Good article, great interview if you click through. Love this kid.
Looks like he's ready to play, if a work in progress:
Battey's body type gives the impression that he's overweight. But truth is, he checked in with the Buffs at a relatively solid 17 percent body fat and 288 pounds. The goal, Battey said, is to get that body fat composition down around the 12 percent mark by adding muscle and losing some excess weight, and trimming his overall weight down to about 275.
Also, Tad thinks he can pass. Twice!
"Very unique," is how Boyle described his newest big man. "Really, really talented. Unbelievable passer. Has great ability to find the open man. ... He's a sneaky athletic guy. He doesn't look like a guy who can go up and dunk it but he can. He's got great body control, great feel and a great passer."

Potentially a starter over Miller, at least against certain matchups when the Buffs want to spread the floor and go fast with more of a Golden State approach.

Potentially a starter over Miller, at least against certain matchups when the Buffs want to spread the floor and go fast with more of a Golden State approach.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he was starting full time by conference play. I think at least two frosh will be and he and McKinley are probably the leaders in the clubhouse right now.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he was starting full time by conference play. I think at least two frosh will be and he and McKinley are probably the leaders in the clubhouse right now.
I would add Bey to this list ... by end of the year I think that it is four frosh + King as starters

I would add Bey to this list ... by end of the year I think that it is four frosh + King as starters

Only reason I'm hesitant to put Bey and Schwartz as likely as the other two is because there's more competition at the wings than there is up front or at point.

I freaking love this so much. Who is gonna be the one to customize a #24 jersey with BIG GRAVY on the back?

Thanks. I was just going off of his Twitter profile pick. They must have given him one of King's to wear in practice.

That threw me off earlier too. I noticed it was in the Daily Camera article as well.

Back