What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA Juco SG Zach Copeland (Signed to Illinois State)

s.ccsf3_.0309.jpg

Bio: From Oakland. Attended Berkeley HS before San Francisco City College

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Killacope

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 175

Stats: 18.7 ppg, 49.1 FG%, 47.7 3pt%, 86.2 FT% with 3.8 rebounds & 3.2 assists for a 1.4 A/T ratio

Named conference MVP

Marty Levinson, Saddleback CC Assistant:
“I love Zach’s game,” Levinson said Thursday. “He is a true shooting guard who can knock down big shots. He has a great pace to his game, decent size and the ability to handle the ball. And guard the 1, 2 or 3.
“He kicked our butt in the state championship game a year ago, and backed it up with another great year. He’s a Bay Area kid and has no fear.”

Offers: Illinois State, Nebraska

I was expecting to watch 8 minutes of him sinking 3s. Nope. Dedicates the first 1:30 to defensive plays and the rest is mostly him driving, dishing, rebounding and finishing. Pure shooter, but there's a whole lot more to his game than that.

I think this is an absolute game changer if CU can sign him. I think he'd play point for us with Namon at the 2 and King on the wing.

I was expecting to watch 8 minutes of him sinking 3s. Nope. Dedicates the first 1:30 to defensive plays and the rest is mostly him driving, dishing, rebounding and finishing. Pure shooter, but there's a whole lot more to his game than that.

I think this is an absolute game changer if CU can sign him. I think he'd play point for us with Namon at the 2 and King on the wing.
I know it probably isn't feasible, but I do love having George King on the block or at the four. Matchup nightmare and he's so damn good at boarding. Copeland, Wright, Schwartz/Bey/Brown, King, Miller

I know it probably isn't feasible, but I do love having George King on the block or at the four. Matchup nightmare and he's so damn good at boarding. Copeland, Wright, Schwartz/Bey/Brown, King, Miller

Even a bigger matchup nightmare if there's a stretch-4 like Siewert in the game and King is posting up and rebounding against the other team's 3.

Reactions: wip
We need this Copeland guy in the worst way!!! We have to upgrade our PG situation asap!!!

If we lose Peters, it appears Copeland could be ready to step right in!!! Is he immediately eligible to play? C'mon Tad, seal the deal!!!

I love the French kid as well but think this guy is the number one target. He looks like one of those guys who makes everyone else better, who can impact the game even when not adding to his own stat line. Also fits what Tad wants to do on defense with the quickness to stay with guys on the perimeter and those long arms to get in the way of passing lanes.

Damn. CU really has to land Darrington, or someone we haven't zeroed in yet that can play right away.

Edit: Mike Rohn just started following mckinley wright, former Dayton commit.PG and mr basketball in minnesota

Last edited:
Illinois State? Do people from the midwest even commit to Illinois State?

Top 50 in kenpom this year. Really got hosed not getting in the dance. They only lost to Wichita in conference play. Very good team. Still disappointing couldn't get him to visit boulder first.

Tad losing out to Ill State? Allsome

I was worried that would happen. They had been recruiting him first and hard before major conference programs like CU jumped in. He'd been close to committing to them for a couple months. And they had a heck of a season. Still, this sucks.

Back