What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA TE Josh Falo (Signed to USC)

Falo now has OVs scheduled at Oregon and USC coming up January. Also, 247 now has two crystal ball predictions to Oregon. Sigh.

This one will come down to the end but I wouldn't be so fast to put him in a dayglo uniform yet.

He comes from a pretty tight family. Brother is already here and believes in M2 as a coach, mom likes M2 as a coach.

Plenty of opportunity for him to play here right away and play for a team that won last year.

Crystal balls are great to sell website subscriptions but in this case I don't think they are doing anything but guessing. Let's see how it ends up.

Meh, the crystal balls don't really mean anything. He still has 2 to CU and Wiltfong is much more respectable than anyone else, Matt Prehm is an Oregon writer who constantly gets Oregon predictions wrong because he thinks everyone wants to go there (he has 60% accuracy which is terrible). The Oregon writers are completely unaware of his connection to CU, so they think he's theirs to lose when it's actually CU's.

Until he takes his visit there it's impossible to tell, it's not a great sign but his recruitment has always been a tough one to read. He originally acted as if he still wanted to take his visits but CU was the clear favorite after his visit here, things could've changed but who knows.

Meh, the crystal balls don't really mean anything. He still has 2 to CU and Wiltfong is much more respectable than anyone else, Matt Prehm is an Oregon writer who constantly gets Oregon predictions wrong because he thinks everyone wants to go there (he has 60% accuracy which is terrible). The Oregon writers are completely unaware of his connection to CU, so they think he's theirs to lose when it's actually CU's.

Until he takes his visit there it's impossible to tell, it's not a great sign but his recruitment has always been a tough one to read. He originally acted as if he still wanted to take his visits but CU was the clear favorite after his visit here, things could've changed but who knows.

Great post. If you got mom in your corner, you have a pretty big leg up in my opinion.

I don't see reason for concern here, yet. He's been linked to Oregon all along so taking an OV doesn't really change anything. It's been over a month since any significant information about him has even been talked about here. I think at this point it's just people hoping he's going somewhere else more than anything, they love to hate on Colorado. Falo will be a buff.

Sometime ago, I quit trying to monitor Twitter, since I couldn't really figure out if what I was reading was a good thing or a bad thing! I got Jeric to do that for me now, because I paid in full my AB subscription! Thanks Jeric!

I don't see reason for concern here, yet. He's been linked to Oregon all along so taking an OV doesn't really change anything. It's been over a month since any significant information about him has even been talked about here. I think at this point it's just people hoping he's going somewhere else more than anything, they love to hate on Colorado. Falo will be a buff.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Are we going to use our tight ends differently if we get this guy? I would assume we would try to.

It's very difficult for college teams to actually be really, really good at multiple comprehensive concepts. The amount of practice time and the versatility or roster depth necessary to be balanced between the run and pass is usually beyond most programs. You see this most prominently at tight end.

The best tight ends you've heard of are usually just okay run-blockers and great receivers. Then there are tight ends who are great blockers but aren't typically awesome receivers. The challenge of the pro-style spread is usually how to run the ball effectively from formations with a TE if the TE isn't actually a good run-blocker.

The answer has essentially been the RPO game, which is why nominally pro-style teams are now embracing spread formations and tactics. If you can combine your drop-back West Coast passing staples with your zone or power run game on the same play you simplify protections and you put much less burden on your TE to be a master of both blocking and route-running. Link

Given the past issues with quality along the OL I can see why our TEs dont get passes thrown their way much. We just need that extra blocker.

Then again maybe its a philosophy that our TE is going to be principally a blocker. Maybe its compensation for other issues. Maybe if we get all the class thats lined up that philosophy will change.

Are we going to use our tight ends differently if we get this guy? I would assume we would try to.

Then again maybe its a philosophy that our TE is going to be principally a blocker. Maybe its compensation for other issues. Maybe if we get all the class thats lined up that philosophy will change.
If a team is going to use the TE as a blocker and never throw the ball to him, why not put in another Big body. Perhaps another 300 pounder who is a beast.

Looks like Falo and Cotton are a package deal. I imagine that isn't good news for the Buffs because isn't Cotton a strong Ducks lean?

Looks like Falo and Cotton are a package deal. I imagine that isn't good news for the Buffs because isn't Cotton a strong Ducks lean?

Rarely are "package deals" actually package deals.

But assuming they are, that's just as positive for CU as it is for UO.

Anyone who claims to have a read on where Cotton is leaning, let alone strongly, is very likely to be deluding & delusional.

As back and fourth as Cotton is I am not convinced he will make a decision by signing day.

Good chance will fill up on DBS before he makes his decision.

Cotton retweets a lot of cu stuff, a lot of Oregon stuff. Too early to say which way he's leaning.

Rarely are "package deals" actually package deals.

But assuming they are, that's just as positive for CU as it is for UO.

Anyone who claims to have a read on where Cotton is leaning, let alone strongly, is very likely to be deluding & delusional.

Good news. Do you feel like we still have a solid shot a Falo?

Well considering between 7 TE's only 3 Rec in all of 2016 for a total of 20 yards I wouldn't be strong on the Buffs. We have good TE's but never utilize them and when we do it is usually works. If I were him I would go to Michigan where they use the hell out of theirs.

Back