What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO OT Jake Moretti (Signed to COLORADO)

Oregon and OU offer

[tweet]603970987411931137[/tweet]
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

I want a new one in CU gear. Hopefully we'll get one soon.

Here's an old one:

1511267.jpg

Wow. Night and day from about a year ago? Listed at 280 lbs as a SO; kid could easily be 300-315 by his Senior year. Is it overkill to say he could be a legit 5* recruit by 2017?

Wow. Night and day from about a year ago? Listed at 280 lbs as a SO; kid could easily be 300-315 by his Senior year. Is it overkill to say he could be a legit 5* recruit by 2017?
No. Also not overkill to say he could play very early.

No. Also not overkill to say he could play very early.

Hope he is tight with Middlemiss and we can get him to stay in Boulder.

Not only would he play early but with the kind of national recognition he is headed for he would instantly just our staffs credibility in state. Could be a program changing type of recruit.

Can't blame him, they're gonna be a power...until Urban quits again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to me that the success rate of Colorado kids opting for these perineal top 10 out of state programs is not great. Is there any truth to my perception?

Edit: Of course this makes sense. The competition is much tougher at those schools.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the success rate of Colorado kids opting for these perineal top 10 out of state programs is not great. Is there any truth to my perception?

Edit: Of course this makes sense. The competition is much tougher at those schools.

There have been some kids from Colorado who have been standouts at other schools but yes there have also been disappointments.

I think one part of it is that the Colorado kid doesn't just have to be as good but has to be better to get a fair shot. If Moretti is close to equal with a kid from Ohio or Florida or Texas or one of the other main sources of talent for tOSU he is going to sit. Colorado isn't a big source of talent for most of these schools, they don't see any value in building or maintaining a pipeline here.

Best kid is always going to play but if that determination isn't clear then the Colorado kid can end up getting the short end of the stick.

I think the biggest adjustment that CO preps have to the college game is the speed. There simply aren't a lot of 4.5 guys running around on CO high school teams. To the point where if a team has one or two, they really stand out.

The bounceback/underperform rate for highly touted Colorado prep O-Linemen going to premier out of state programs over the last 15 years has been pretty high. You have to play to develop your game, and if you get NFL-worthy the league will find you anywhere. The odds of this kid sitting on the bench at tOSU during the Meyer era is great and that's too bad.

A long way until '17 signing and I am sure the HCMM and his staff will stay close and keep working on this one. Have some success getting kids this year, put up some wins, keep showing progress with the facilities and game day experience and who know where we can get with some of these kids.

A long way until '17 signing and I am sure the HCMM and his staff will stay close and keep working on this one. Have some success getting kids this year, put up some wins, keep showing progress with the facilities and game day experience and who know where we can get with some of these kids.
And Middlemiss will stay in touch, I'd imagine.

I think the biggest adjustment that CO preps have to the college game is the speed. There simply aren't a lot of 4.5 guys running around on CO high school teams. To the point where if a team has one or two, they really stand out.
I played in the wrong state.

If you love 'em, set 'em free.
If they choose to stay in the rust belt, they were never yours.

If they come back bitching about the Midwest, then you welcome them home and sit them for a year.

Still a long time until Signing Day. Committed in July of 2015. Since then, CU has changed OL coaches and Recruiting Coordinators. Adams & Chev both follow Moretti and are followed back. Expect CU to keep working hard to convince Moretti to flip.

That would be huge. Chev for prez and Adams for VP.

Edit: and would have to get McChesney a position in the White House too

Being a former teammate of Middlemiss probably doesn't hurt. Or maybe the two can't stand each other.

Back