What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO TE Alex Oelsner (Verbal to Northwestern)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

2865666_824793f5adab44bda4f3f09ef872d2a2.jpg

Niwot HS (Niwot, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexoelsner

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 251
40: 4.9

Rivals rating: 2*-5.2rr; unranked TE
Scout rating: 2*; unranked TE
ESPN rating:
247s rating: 2*-76 grade; #124 TE

Reported Offers: Air Force, CO School of Mines, Northwestern, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Northern Iowa, Penn

A bit surprising here. Visited Wyoming and CSU but it doesn't look like he picked up an offer from either. But then a Northwestern offer shows up. Wonder if CU should have been recruiting. Chev follows and Oelsner trains at Six Zero, so CU was definitely well aware of him.

Given the timing of his commitment, interesting profile creation. One of the better profile pics. Wonder if that height is legit?

Given the timing of his commitment, interesting profile creation. One of the better profile pics. Wonder if that height is legit?

Height and weight are legit. He was seen as the focal point of the offense and defense going into this year and as such every coordinator schemed to address him first and foremost. Limited his stats. Kid is a beast, unfortunately playing in a program trying to climb back to legitimacy has put him somewhat under the radar. 3.9 GPA. I believe he does have a offer from Wyoming. CU told him the TE isn't a big part of their plans going forward. Ronnie Woolfork is his DC.

Interesting, if true. I'd imagine this was said to him as it relates to the traditional TE position.
Yes. Oelsner is definitely more in the traditional TE mold. And TE at CU is a forgotten position as we've witnessed.

I'm just fairly positive CU didn't tell Josh Falo that TE isn't a big part of their plans going forward.
Falo isn't a traditional TE. He better fits what they want to do. Falo is a stud 4-star recruit. I guarantee the staff talks differently to different players. Just the way it is. I'd love to get Falo and get the TE/H-Back/Hybrid position more touches. Go Buffs!

Falo isn't a traditional TE. He better fits what they want to do. Falo is a stud 4-star recruit. I guarantee the staff talks differently to different players. Just the way it is. I'd love to get Falo and get the TE/H-Back/Hybrid position more touches. Go Buffs!

Yep. I think CU is going to more how TTU uses the TE as an "inside receiver" while also motioning him tight or inside as a lead blocker on some runs. Falo fits that.

Congratulations to the kid! I know the family - great family. I don't know much about this kid, but Northwestern has got to be a dream school I'd think! Hard to get noticed these days at Niwot HS, as they've won a handful of games the last 10 years. Woot!

Yep. I think CU is going to more how TTU uses the TE as an "inside receiver" while also motioning him tight or inside as a lead blocker on some runs. Falo fits that.
I hope you're right. I love the versatility of a tight end and they can be huge as a check down for our young QB. Having an effective Tight End creates space for the run game as well.

Back