What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 FL OLB Carson Wells (Signed to COLORADO)

I think Carson Wells is the most under-rated guy we've seen in a few years here. Guy is every bit of 6'3", he's 16 years old and can run.

That doesn't look like any part of Florida that I've ever been to either!

I think Carson Wells is the most under-rated guy we've seen in a few years here. Guy is every bit of 6'3", he's 16 years old and can run.

That doesn't look like any part of Florida that I've ever been to either!

Sumter county is deep in the interior of Florida. mostly farms and ranches, although the DBT heaven retirment community the Villages is taking over the northern part. http://www.thevillages.com/

Sumter county is deep in the interior of Florida. mostly farms and ranches, although the DBT heaven retirment community the Villages is taking over the northern part. http://www.thevillages.com/
del-boca-vista.gif

Leavitt and Oregon have no shame.

Actually, this is the one recruit I expected. He's the only guy Leavitt recruited this year.

I like Carson a lot and hope that the visit from MacIntyre only makes this offer another reason to laugh at Oregon.

Actually, this is the one recruit I expected. He's the only guy Leavitt recruited this year.

I like Carson a lot and hope that the visit from MacIntyre only makes this offer another reason to laugh at Oregon.

Oh haha I didn't know that!

Assuming they intentionally waited until after the CU in homes.

I'm starting to think we have a rivalry on the horizon. They are helping make one. I thought it would be Utah and still may but Oregon is pushing the hate button.

Leavitt has been in touch but Wells said on Sunday he's 100 percent Buff. Of course he got his Oregon offer the next day.

Head coach only gets one so basically, yeah. JL is a scum.

Why? I don't get some of the virtiol aimed at JL. I admit that I don't process a lot of which poster says exactly what on these boards, but I definitely have learned to respect your opinion on most football matters. Still, why do you think JL is scum? Did you not expect him and Clark to get OU to offer select CU recruits? It all seems fair game to me, and if we hire new staff prior to signing day, the coach(es) know of some prospects from their former schools we can flip to help CU... ...great! I don't like Oregon... ...but I'm glad for the time Leavitt spent here.

Truly hope Carson sticks with us. Kid has a huge upside and would make a great Buff IMO. Besides, he will think Boulder is Utopia compared to the bugs, heat and rain in Florida.

Why? I don't get some of the virtiol aimed at JL. I admit that I don't process a lot of which poster says exactly what on these boards, but I definitely have learned to respect your opinion on most football matters. Still, why do you think JL is scum? Did you not expect him and Clark to get OU to offer select CU recruits? It all seems fair game to me, and if we hire new staff prior to signing day, the coach(es) know of some prospects from their former schools we can flip to help CU... ...great! I don't like Oregon... ...but I'm glad for the time Leavitt spent here.

No, it's not fair game. First and foremost, there is a strong unwritten rule in the coaching profession that you don't pursue or even contact the kids who were previously committed to your last school. If the kid contacts you and states clearly that he is no longer going to his pledged school, and that he decommits, then that opens it up and at least becomes Murky. That's the way this staff did it when they left San Jose State. I'd say it's a grayer area when you are moving up from a directional school to a P5 conference (as we just saw with Minnesota). But it's not gray at all when going from one P5 to another. See Chiv's departure at TTU to Colorado. He held close to these ethics. I think he'd have loved to add a WR or two to last year's class, since he's taking 4 right now.

In this kids' case, he clearly has been all Colorado. He just tweeted the above Beef pictures with Mac. Yet Leavitt goes in there anyhow. That's not a gray area. That's sleeze and not just my opinion. I am quite sure most coaches recognize it the same way. You don't do it that way.

You are a scum!

No, it's not fair game. First and foremost, there is a strong unwritten rule in the coaching profession that you don't pursue or even contact the kids who were previously committed to your last school. If the kid contacts you and states clearly that he is no longer going to his pledged school, and that he decommits, then that opens it up and at least becomes Murky. That's the way this staff did it when they left San Jose State. I'd say it's a grayer area when you are moving up from a directional school to a P5 conference (as we just saw with Minnesota). But it's not gray at all when going from one P5 to another. See Chiv's departure at TTU to Colorado. He held close to these ethics. I think he'd have loved to add a WR or two to last year's class, since he's taking 4 right now.

In this kids' case, he clearly has been all Colorado. He just tweeted the above Beef pictures with Mac. Yet Leavitt goes in there anyhow. That's not a gray area. That's sleeze and not just my opinion. I am quite sure most coaches recognize it the same way. You don't do it that way.
The way I view it is that JL recruited Wells on CU's dime. We did not pay him to recruit for Oregon. But, in effect, him now going after Wells, in essence, means CU paid him to recruit for Oregon. And that's bull****.

Everybody knows that coaches, especially assistant coaches move on to other jobs and do what they can to win at those jobs.

The anger at JL comes from a combination of things.
One is that he made such a big deal about being all CU then he goes to a conference rival. He also had made a big deal about not being in it for the money, then jumps for a bigger contract.

He then immediately goes after our recruit list, including a bunch of guys who he wasn't the main recruiter on to start with.

I don't think that people would have had a problem is he had taken a different job and handled it better. If he had taken a head job or even a job that looked like it gave him a better path to a head job he would have come across better. Even if he had gone out of conference he would have been looked at differently.

He made a big deal about relationships with players then snuck out the door in the middle of the night without telling the players face to face.

Also if he hadn't gone after our commits people wouldn't be as negative. Even if he had gone after guys we are still recruiting but not committed it would look different.

Don't really want to get into this in a recruits thread, but the fact that JL wasn't really in the lead for many recruits in his time at CU, tells you all you need to know. He is basically just using CU's recruiting board and gave it to Taggert. I didn't really have a problem with it before, but this is just becoming a joke. He is not recruiting, he is just throwing out offers to the CU commitments and targets at this point and seeing if anything will stick. That's all.

Don't really want to get into this in a recruits thread

I considered that before I responded to dyemeduke, but decided it should stay here. Wells is the kid who should actually be exposed to the questioning of JL's ethics. This is the thread where this should be discussed, IMO.

What Leavitt is doing is akin to running off with your girlfriend's sister.

Back