What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 France PG Joel Ayayi (Committed to Gonzaga)

Hunchback Quaker

Club Member
Club Member
Don't know where to put this, but Coach Bill Grier is following Joel Ayayi on Twitter. French scoring guard. Seems to be in the same vein. They are casting a wide net for this talent

Joel%20Ayayi.jpg

6'4" PG from INSEP Academy (France)

Offers from Georgia Tech and Baylor, also hearing from Gonzaga, Oklahoma and Xavier. Will make trips to US in April. http://www.scout.com/college/basket...765998-french-star-looking-at-college-options

Scout Profile

Detailed scouting report: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joel-Ayayi-97191/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/joel_ayayi

Not that I can see, but CU keeps things fairly close to the vest with basketball recruiting. Not a lot of twitter action, edits, etc.

*grumble*

We need Grier to spend an hour with Chev.

Well, to me that says that we were going after the right guy. Not gonna win many battles against Gonzaga for foreign prospects, and they know how to pick em

Well, to me that says that we were going after the right guy. Not gonna win many battles against Gonzaga for foreign prospects, and they know how to pick em
Gonzaga has so many links to INSEP Academy from current roster (Killian Tillie) to former players such as Ronny Turiaf. I didn't expect to win this one.

FWIW, I heard yesterday that Ayayi was down to CU & Gonzaga for his final two.

Is Ayayi > McKinley?

Honestly, they sound like completely different players. Personally, I prefer McKinley. He is great at running the show and keeping everyone involved. Simmons (who I can't stand) actually had a good article today on CP3 talking about how he's a guy who sets his teammates up for 42 minutes and then takes over the last 6 minutes of a game. It's what Dinwiddie did while here and it's what I see in McKinley. As for Ayayi, the DraftExpress scouting report made him sound like a perfect #TadBall guy. He rebounds really well, he defends really well, and he's big for a point. But he is more of a combo guard than a lead at this point.

I don't think we'd go wrong with either, but if I was given the choice, I would have taken McKinley Wright (and this isn't revisionist history as @Buffnik and I have had discussions sharing this opinion for a few weeks now).

Honestly, they sound like completely different players. Personally, I prefer McKinley. He is great at running the show and keeping everyone involved. Simmons (who I can't stand) actually had a good article today on CP3 talking about how he's a guy who sets his teammates up for 42 minutes and then takes over the last 6 minutes of a game. It's what Dinwiddie did while here and it's what I see in McKinley. As for Ayayi, the DraftExpress scouting report made him sound like a perfect #TadBall guy. He rebounds really well, he defends really well, and he's big for a point. But he is more of a combo guard than a lead at this point.

I don't think we'd go wrong with either, but if I was given the choice, I would have taken McKinley Wright (and this isn't revisionist history as @Buffnik and I have had discussions sharing this opinion for a few weeks now).
We agree here. Ayayi is significantly taller and might have more upside, but he's raw. Give me the MN POY who Archie Miller and Butler (among others) wanted to run the show for them. Hopefully it would open up recruiting to Minnesota and the AAU/traveling squad guys that Wright has played with and against, too.

Hopefully it would open up recruiting to Minnesota and the AAU/traveling squad guys that Wright has played with and against, too.

This is huge too. It didn't end up with many closes, but the Mayor's rolodex got our foot in the door with a lot of recruits. Now that we have a little bit more of a history than when Spencer was here, Wright's connections could help us land some bigger fish.

Well, if we got into the top 2 for Ayayi, that's pretty good news. No way we beat the Zags for him, and I didn't even know about the connections, but it's good to see us swim in international waters successfully.

FWIW, I heard yesterday that Ayayi was down to CU & Gonzaga for his final two.

The Grier Effect...if true. Ayayi was probably who Tad was talking about when he said "if we get the guy we really want..." Have to assume Wright was the other of those two since Ondigo never visited.

Back