What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 MI PG Jermaine Jackson Jr.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

7_3607152.jpg

Dakota HS (Macomb, MI)

AAU: Elite Youth League / Michigan Mustangs / The Family

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaptainJack15

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 160

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PG
Scout rating: 3*; unranked PG
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #51 PG
247s rating: unrated PG

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Auburn, DePaul, Detroit, Eastern Michigan, Florida A&M, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, SMU, Syracuse

Looks like Tad found an opening and is looking to add a PG to the 2017 class. Jackson's dad is the Jermaine Jackson who played in the NBA.

I thought we didn't have room for another scholarship? Does this mean that someone is going to transfer?

Who do you think is leaving the team?

I don't know and wouldn't want to speculate. What we do know for sure is that Tad is not a happy camper and will not simply move forward with status quo.

THE MISSING LINK....an AGGRESSIVE PG. FINALLY. Don't care if he is 5'9"

I'm convinced if we had a guy like this now we'd be singing a completely different tune with this year's team. You can have all the 6'7" wings in the world but if there's no one to get them the ball and create it's never going to work.

THE MISSING LINK....an AGGRESSIVE PG. Don't care if he is 5'9"

I'm convinced if we had a guy like this now we'd be singing a completely different tune with this year's team. You can have all the 6'7" wings in the world but if there's no one to get them the ball and create it's never going to work.

For sure. All things being equal, you'd prefer a guy at the point who is 6'5" and can do all the orchestration stuff on O while also stopping dribble penetration on D, but you have to have someone who can do that and it's much better to have a 5'9" guy who can than be rudderless on O along with a D that is breaking down at the first point of attack.

Wow, going to be a seriously different team next year. Already 6 new guys (Strating, Walton, Namon, Battey, Bey, Schwartz) and now likely at least 1 more.

Hope this doesn't mean that one of the guys we are expecting to be here next year won't be.

Agree with the others though about having a guy who can get us into and execute an offense.

Surround a 5'9" guy with the 6'7" wings Tad seems to like and I think you're alright. I look at the Nuggets with Ty Lawson (before he went off the cliff) and he WAS the Nuggets offense. Sure you'd rather have a 6'5" guy who can run the offense but those guys don't grow on trees and all are at Duke, Kentucky, etc. We got lucky with Spencer

I'd take play making ability over defensive potential and size every time, especially with the seeming emphasis on guard play in college basketball
For sure. All things being equal, you'd prefer a guy at the point who is 6'5" and can do all the orchestration stuff on O while also stopping dribble penetration on D, but you have to have someone who can do that and it's much better to have a 5'9" guy who can than be rudderless on O along with a D that is breaking down at the first point of attack.

POINT GUARD!!!!!!

I hate PG mix tapes because it's hard to get a feel for the things I like watching, but I'm happy. Bring him in. And get a PG for '18. and '19. and '20. And... and... and...

I think you grad transfer Collier or push Yaz into a 3/2 transfer. Preferably Collier. Due to lack of size, you desperately keep King and Miller as your only upperclassmen. Imo

His dad is 6'4. Burks & Dinwiddie grew 3+ inches after high school. Jermaine looks explosive regardless.

Gotta love that half his 3's in that tape are from NBA range. Love seeing floaters too. Want!

If there's a guard that's leaving, it's probably the guy who hasnt played 20 minutes in a game all season.

Was his dad in the Jackson 5?

(Ducks, and prepares for this post to be immediately moved to the island)

In no universe should anyone prefer Yaz staying to Collier.

Yeah, not sure how I got that one wrong. Haha. Push Yaz over Collier, or perhaps both. Tad has pushed out better players than either of those two, ie Fletcher.

Yeah, not sure how I got that one wrong. Haha. Push Yaz over Collier, or perhaps both. Tad has pushed out better players than either of those two, ie Fletcher.
I do not think that Tad "pushes out" any players. In fact he has stated clearly in the past that he will not "run anyone off" who is doing the right thing buy working hard in practices and academics. I believe that he proved that a couple of times with scholarship players who did not pan out as hoped, but got their four years of education anyway. That said, he is frank with players about his assessment of their potential going forward in the context of the competition that he sees them facing for playing time. And, I believe that it why the players who have left the program chose to do so ... they wanted to go somewhere that they thought offered a better opportunity to play in games (i.e. Fletcher).

As for how the opening might exist for Jackson, I think that it might be the slot that is presumed on this site as reserved for the young man from the Netherlands (sorry, I am and old guy and cannot recall his name ... I get a pass for that at my age). None of us know what the understanding that Tad has with this young man. It might just be that he gets a tryout while red shirting as a walk on ... with no promise of a scholarship.

The one thing that I am confident in is that Tad keeps his commitments to the guys the he recruits ... perhaps sometimes to a fault in the eyes of some ... but not to mine.

I do not think that Tad "pushes out" any players. In fact he has stated clearly in the past that he will not "run anyone off" who is doing the right thing buy working hard in practices and academics. I believe that he proved that a couple of times with scholarship players who did not pan out as hoped, but got their four years of education anyway. That said, he is frank with players about his assessment of their potential going forward in the context of the competition that he sees them facing for playing time. And, I believe that it why the players who have left the program chose to do so ... they wanted to go somewhere that they thought offered a better opportunity to play in games (i.e. Fletcher).

As for how the opening might exist for Jackson, I think that it might be the slot that is presumed on this site as reserved for the young man from the Netherlands (sorry, I am and old guy and cannot recall his name ... I get a pass for that at my age). None of us know what the understanding that Tad has with this young man. It might just be that he gets a tryout while red shirting as a walk on ... with no promise of a scholarship.

The one thing that I am confident in is that Tad keeps his commitments to the guys the he recruits ... perhaps sometimes to a fault in the eyes of some ... but not to mine.

To me, the difference between pushing a guy out versus informing him that he will play minimal to zero minutes a game for the rest of his career at CU is mostly semantics in terms of the end result. The nuances of maintaining ethical integrity can be reinforced with the results being the same. Tad does a good job there.

Regardless, it will be interesting having the very young team the next two years and watching the development, growth and hopeful rebirth of a program with momentum. Exciting. And maybe the current team has finally pulled itself together with the win over the hated ducks!

I was thinking about him earlier tonight when I saw that Central Michigan's Marcus Keene dropped 40 on another team tonight. (For those of you who don't follow hoops that closely, Keene is 5'9".)

CU has 12 scholarships filled for next year with one more open of course. PG appears to be a massive concern considering Collier has one year left and really isn't showcasing as a good 1st option starter, to be truthful. There are concerns about Akyazili's lack of progression and thoughts that he might be losing interest and going the route of Eli Stalzer. It wouldn't surprise me if TAZ transfers either.

Jackson is a terrific option!

Back