What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 Serbia PG Lazar Nikolic (Signed to COLORADO)

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
Last edited:
A 6'8" guard who has great mechanics on his shot. Hard to know how he will compare athletically, except that Serbia is typically a decent place for hoops over seas, but there isn't a doubt that he will be able to get his outside shot off against opposing teams guards and small forwards. Even if they are right on top of him. Definitely needs to bulk up some.

IF UCLA was seriously after him, big win. But that's a big if. This is a definite time will tell commitment. Anyone who at this time says, one way or another, this is a home run or a complete whiff is talking out of their ass. Nonetheless, Welcome!

Looks like a promising player. Already has a profile on NBADraft.Net and Draftexpress. Welcome to the Black and Gold!

Video of the basketball academy at which he was training, with some interview stuff.

Interesting. Is this in lieu of the grad transfer that was supposed to visit? Please let us sign McKinley Wright still. Two prep point guards, especially two that are as different as those would be, is the dream

Wonder if the staff actually saw him play (unlike Akazyli), or didn't want the make the effort to travel overseas to see him.

...I'll be honest, I was hoping for one of our other targets. I'm not saying this guy doesn't have some skills to work with, but...I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not coach though, so go Tad and Buffs! Welcome to this kid, and hope he makes me eat crow.

Want to see a lineup next year with Nikolic, Schwartz, King, Siewert, and Walton just because it'd be so tall.

The video was a bit underwhelming, but a lot of international prospect videos are so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The few scouting reports I've seen talk about him being a good floor leader who plays hard but sucks at D. Should be interesting.

The video was a bit underwhelming, but a lot of international prospect videos are so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The few scouting reports I've seen talk about him being a good floor leader who plays hard but sucks at D. Should be interesting.
Just what we needed, more ****ty defense.

Rooney's hosting a Buffzone chat at noon today. I don't usually go on for the hoops chats, but this week is much more interesting than most.

It's worth noting that Pat Rooney said that Tad Boyle credits Bill Grier for the find on this one. Grier was Gonzaga's lead foreign recruiter for a long time, so he knows his stuff in international waters. Also, with his length and intelligence, as well as being a Bill Grier guard, it could signal a bigger shift to zone

It's worth noting that Pat Rooney said that Tad Boyle credits Bill Grier for the find on this one. Grier was Gonzaga's lead foreign recruiter for a long time, so he knows his stuff in international waters.

This is something that makes me feel good about this signing. I trust Grier when it comes to international prospects.

SG or SF, doesn't look like a PG.

Except for the fact that most scouting reports call him a point or lead guard and Tad's system is designed for bigger guards to run the show (see: White, Derrick). He'll be a point for us.

He's very patient and uses his length well. Glider to find angles & open shots. A lot like Schwartz in that regard and what we saw with D-White this season.

Second and third step are so long. That's how you overcome a slower first step.

Also, if he's really 6'7 or 6'8...you're whole PG dynamic changes. Suddenly, he's your distributor and shooter without much need for work off the bounce.

Who gets in the lane to free up shots for King and Siewart?
Will Tory be a large enough presence to warrant a double team?
In the beginning people were not sold on White as a PG, give the kid a chance.

Oh boy, another 6'6" - 6'8" guard. We don't have any of those.

How about a DAMN PG!

Or a true big?????

Back