What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX DT Deiontae Watts (Verbal to Nebraska)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

Deiontae-Watts.jpg

Plano East HS (Plano, TX)

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wattsdeiontae1

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 300
40: 5.32

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #50 DT
Scout rating: 4*; #16 DT
ESPN rating: 3*-79 grade; #37 DT
247s rating: 3*-88 grade; #37 DT

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arkansas, Baylor, CSU, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA

Last edited by a moderator:
No, because I'd known it from Adam's premium board already. By him posting here I and others didn't have to keep people in the dark and dodge questions about Watts. So I appreciate Adam doing this on AB.

I was hinting at the facts everyone was pretty high on him, more than joseph?

Weird that Huskermax doesn't mention he was supposed to be here this week or that he didn't come. Seems that only Rivals showed that visit and I think the board missed it, missing a complete meltdown! Now they aren't talking about him at all.... Dang.

Weird that Huskermax doesn't mention he was supposed to be here this week or that he didn't come. Seems that only Rivals showed that visit and I think the board missed it, missing a complete meltdown! Now they aren't talking about him at all.... Dang.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/reserve-lb-simmons-leaves-husker-football-team

HuskerOnline's Bryan Munson also reported on Tuesday that 2017 defensive line recruit Diontae Watts still remains hopeful he'll academically qualify, but as a back-up he's also signed a letter of intent with Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College.

Well there you go husker fans, your boy is unlikely to qualify and CU backed off, canceling his trip. But your boards never caught a whiff of this. Too busy swilling the kool-aid!

Wondered why we backed off. We have been getting more and more kids with grades issues into school. He must not have followed the plan or been close to a lost cause for us to back off.

Wondered why we backed off. We have been getting more and more kids with grades issues into school. He must not have followed the plan or been close to a lost cause for us to back off.

Your speaking more to CU admission, and specifically the Juco's, who have to have classes accepted as credit.

High School kids either can get NCAA qualified or they can't. There's not much CU can do to coach that. CU asks for proof of grades, mid semester, etc before the official visit happens. CU cancelled this kids visit this year (Adam reported this at the time). Huskers did not cancel his visit and took his commitment. That's not a bad strategy if you have the room, which CU did not have.

Back