What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX DT Trey Schuman (Signed to Rice)

Under the radar is all I can say. He's a really good kid too, never been in any kind of trouble and makes amazing grades. He is 4th in his class out of 404 students with a 4.29 GPA. Wants to be a pre med major.

If he is interested in medicine you may want to see if you can have him talk with Dr. Erik McCarty. He is the Director of Sports Medicine at CU, he is also a former Buff player. Would be a good resource. CU has a number of former players who are now physicians. Derrick McCartney who is currently on the team but out with an injury is Pre-Med. May be others as well.

View attachment 21166 View attachment 21167 View attachment 21169 View attachment 21170
Just a few photos to show all so you wont be shocked. Yes that is me on the right. Trey is 6'3 and I'm 5'8. Also pics with his little brother and sister.

Wherever your son goes enjoy every minute of it, the end comes much faster than you think and the next step is the No Fun League that is Not For Long

I see your son as a Great and Famous Buffalo Warrior, go watch the 30 for 30 on Coach Mac that will make a fan out of anybody.

Wherever your son goes enjoy every minute of it, the end comes much faster than you think and the next step is the No Fun League that is Not For Long

I see your son as a Great and Famous Buffalo Warrior, go watch the 30 for 30 on Coach Mac that will make a fan out of anybody.
I actually am a huge 30 for 30 fan and saw that episode.....

View attachment 21166 View attachment 21167 View attachment 21169 View attachment 21170
Just a few photos to show all so you wont be shocked. Yes that is me on the right. Trey is 6'3 and I'm 5'8. Also pics with his little brother and sister.

So, uh, how tall is the milkman? I'm asking for a friend.

lol...see, you are going to be treated like family around here. We like to give each other a hard time and there are a ton of inside jokes. Just ask so you can get up to speed on all of us acting juvenile from time to time. Or all of the time for some of us.

And I am six two and my Dad is five eight too. And he WAS the milkman! (I grew up on a dairy).

Great grades...If you remember Bill McCartney, our coach for the national championship years, he has a grandson in pre med that tore his ACL playing OLB/DE against Michigan this year. Great young man too. We are hoping he comes back next year but he should be graduating and may choose to do full school over school and playing. We are crossing our fingers we get him back. Will be an exciting year next year too.

Last edited:

lol...see, you are going to be treated like family around here. We like to give each other a hard time and there are a ton of inside jokes. Just ask so you can get up to speed on all of us acting juvenile from time to time. Or all of the time for some of us.

And I am six two and my Dad is five eight too. And he WAS the milkman! (I grew up on a dairy).

Great grades...If you remember Bill McCartney, our coach for the national championship years, he has a grandson in pre med that tore his ACL playing OLB/DE against Michigan this year. Great young man too. We are hoping he comes back next year but he should be graduating and may choose to do full school over school and playing. We are crossing our fingers we get him back. Will be an exciting year next year too.

fify

Great grades...If you remember Bill McCartney, our coach for the national championship years, he has a son in pre med that tore his ACL playing OLB/DE against Michigan this year. Great young man too. We are hoping he comes back next year but he should be graduating and may choose to do full school over school and playing. We are crossing our fingers we get him back. Will be an exciting year next year too.

Grandson actually but a great kid. Not only an outstanding athlete and student but a quality human being. Like every college football program we get some kids who have some negative character issues but we have also been fortunate in my opinion to have a higher than normal number of players who happen to be the kind of people you want in your community.
Edit: FIB beat me to the correction.

Flatirons? Thanks for the heads up on the weather, I didn't think about that being in Texas and all. LOL

Welcome.
IMG_4576.JPG
CU worked with Texas to get these plates made. Hope the colors go well with your vehicles.

In Boulder, recess is definately not cancelled when the temp drops below 40 degrees. When the sun is out, that 40 can feel like 60. It's always warm in the new Indoor Practice Facility.

DFW Buffs host a watch party at the Old Chicago Pizza, (Central and Mockingbird). Feel free to come by on any game day to hear the fight song with the die hards. They have Pac-12 Network, so Buffs are always on.

Trey ended the season well...now on to the next phase in life.

Congrats! I think your son is a very good 3-4 DE prospect. I think he has good size, excellent mix of strength and athleticism. The critical part, is hand strength and using go pad level, leverage to hold the LOS. If you watch how the Broncos run their 3-4, keep an eye on #95 Derek Wolfe. He plays the same position Trey does on film. The way he plays, the strength he shows at the POA, he's nearly impossible to run against. He plays square to the line whatever man he's playing over, gets control of the blockers chest, extends the arms and sheds giving himself a 2 way go. I see a lot of this in Trey's game. He's still young and going to get stronger but great to focus on these aspects of his game in the offseason where ever he goes. With some veteran leaders leaving along CU's front seven, there will be early playing time coming up for guys that can fit this bill. Good luck and hope to see your son in black and gold next year!

Bring it on Trey...................................go Buffs!!!!!

The Rise is Real........................................

Here's the link for those who want it:
http://www.texasfootball.com/subwaysuperteam/

I did plenty of ballot stuffing for Grant Polley, but I'm passing on this one even though there are a ton of CU commits and targets on there. At the end of the 10 or so pages of voting it says you must enter a valid e-mail address for your vote to be counted. No thanks. I don't need any more spam than I already get. Also, if Trey's name was there I missed it.

Names of interest for us on here:

Alex Fontenot - RB Commit
Lavishka Shenault - WR Commit
Xavier Newman - OL Commit
Grant Polley - OL Commit
Will Sherman - OL Commit
Damion Daniels - DL Target
Trey Schuman - DL Target
Chevin Calloway - DB Target

Allowed one vote per e-mail address per day.

Back