What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

The unknowing. Seen it before

Edit. He was asking for an edit. Seeing those "huh" responses is similar to the article about the mbb
Down level

Gawd.
I know what an edit is. The "huh" was because the reference to "an edit" was so cryptic. It was just "he asked for an edit." Got it? I should've said, "Could you please be more specific, sir," I guess. But "Huh?" Is easier to type on an iPad.

Last edited:
Committed to Baylor.

(He followed half of Lubbock the other day and their commits were talking about a big commitment which is why I thought Tech)

When you're expecting a punch in the gut and finally get it, it doesn't feel any better. Oh, and, of course, **** bailer!

According to Buff Stampede he was pretty convincing that Colorado was the place for him and his football career. Kids change their minds and they have earned the right to make that decision. Still stings a little.
Let's hope that we don't see a similar announcement from KD Nixon here this week. If you want to recruit the big guns in Texas, this is going to happen.

According to Buff Stampede he was pretty convincing that Colorado was the place for him and his football career. Kids change their minds and they have earned the right to make that decision. Still stings a little.
Let's hope that we don't see a similar announcement from KD Nixon here this week. If you want to recruit the big guns in Texas, this is going to happen.

That's the biggest challenge in Texas. You've got 5 programs from the P5 along with a G5 program (Houston) that budgets like a P5 program.

Those programs focus hard on in-state and actually hire a good number of assistants from the TX high school coaching ranks. With Baylor, for example, Rhule has hired TX high school coaches for 3 of his 9 assistant spots in order to jumpstart in-state recruiting.

That's the biggest challenge in Texas. You've got 5 programs from the P5 along with a G5 program (Houston) that budgets like a P5 program.

Those programs focus hard on in-state and actually hire a good number of assistants from the TX high school coaching ranks. With Baylor, for example, Rhule has hired TX high school coaches for 3 of his 9 assistant spots in order to jumpstart in-state recruiting.
That's really smart strategy to get in state guys to stay in Texas.

I can understand kids wanting to stay close to home and staying in Texas. Little harder to figure out why anyone would want to go play for that train wreck in Waco.

Texas is down and A&M is disappointing, Tech will always be second level, TCU is up and down. All of them are way better options than Baylor.

It looks like Baylor is going to completely escape any NCAA punishment but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't just get ripped by a Title IX investigation. Last year's class was a disaster and even with their late gets this year's class is not going to stem the bleeding.

I can understand kids wanting to stay close to home and staying in Texas. Little harder to figure out why anyone would want to go play for that train wreck in Waco.

Texas is down and A&M is disappointing, Tech will always be second level, TCU is up and down. All of them are way better options than Baylor.

It looks like Baylor is going to completely escape any NCAA punishment but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't just get ripped by a Title IX investigation. Last year's class was a disaster and even with their late gets this year's class is not going to stem the bleeding.
Because they don't have committable offers from Texas or TAMU. The new Texas staff didn't seem high on Newman, and instead went after Polley.

In the end, the pull to staying near home is strong for more kids than not. And while Baylor is a dumpster fire to most of us, it's not viewed that way by a lot of people in Texas, with the recent window dressing. They are committed to winning and appear to have side-stepped the abyss that CU went into with several recruiting classes taking hits.

Any potential candidates for CU's vacancies amongst DeSoto High's coaching ranks?

Maybe Southlake Carrollton or Allen High Schools as a back up?

Strange, why would any parent allow their kid to go Baylor?
I can understand choosing Texas, or Tech, but Baylor. That is a strange decision. My child will never attend a school like Baylor or Penn State.

Ah well. Bye, Newman. Understand this is part of the process. Don't enjoy the fickleness of it all.

Texas trying really hard to break up Miller and polley from cu as well. Haven't offered yet but bet they are holding until the last second hoping to flip both.

Ah well. Bye, Newman. Understand this is part of the process. Don't enjoy the fickleness of it all.

Texas trying really hard to break up Miller and polley from cu as well. Haven't offered yet but bet they are holding until the last second hoping to flip both.
They offered Polley a while ago and he took a visit there this weekend. Miller chose not to.

Waco was one of the worst towns i've ever been through. Smells like **** as soon as you drive in.

I wish Baylor football, nothing but the worst. Hopefully their athletes stop killing and raping each other.

Back