What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

It seems like a de-commit will usually thank the staff that he was committed to when he flips. I'm not at all trying to start any kind of controversy, I'm just thinking that I'd expect such a thing from a flipper as long as he wasn't burned by that staff in some way. Hopefully he did privately or did so and I didn't see it.

Oh well. I don't wish him well and I don't wish him any ill will. I want young men who want to be Buffs, and hopefully most of them understand that it's a special place and want to play for the unanimous coach of the year.

It seems like a de-commit will usually thank the staff that he was committed to when he flips. I'm not at all trying to start any kind of controversy, I'm just thinking that I'd expect such a thing from a flipper as long as he wasn't burned by that staff in some way. Hopefully he did privately or did so and I didn't see it.

Oh well. I don't wish him well and I don't wish him any ill will. I want young men who want to be Buffs, and hopefully most of them understand that it's a special place and want to play for the unanimous coach of the year.
It's a high schooler. Depending on the person, it is a very whimsical age. I'm also a firm believer that Twitter represents a very small portion of what actually happens.

Really bummed to lose Xavier Newman. I think he is going to turn out to be a terrific player for Baylor. That school really doesn't deserve him. Nevertheless, I wish him luck, but this one stings.

Ugh, The cesspool of Baylor? The dirtiest institution in the country try.

Hopefully Newman can clean it up, he's a good man.

Ha I still find it funny. "It'll be the last bowl game they lose for 4 years."

Fast forward a few weeks. "I'm blessed to go to Baylor!!"

Yeah, okay.

Mom won out. Too bad the "stay close to home" scenario didn't play out with giys like ballage, kozan etc...
I don't really want to root against a kid for making the choice that he has the right to make, but here's to hoping that Jake Moretti is twice the player that Newman is.

Wonder if Baylor will stick with him, or who will he commit to next week?

Hope he figures it out and makes it work out where ever he lands.

I don't really want to root against a kid for making the choice that he has the right to make, but here's to hoping that Jake Moretti is twice the player that Newman is.

I'm greedy enough to want them both but if the trade is losing Newman on the flip and gaining Moretti on the flip I'm good with that.

I'm greedy enough to want them both but if the trade is losing Newman on the flip and gaining Moretti on the flip I'm good with that.
That's not the trade though. We got to get 3-5 Texas kids to move from home for every Colorado kid we get to stay at home. Just the way it is when you are recruiting kids 10+ hours drive from home.

I hate this one like everyone else, but the better CU gets and the better they recruit this is going to happen. It says something that everyone is trying to cherry pick CU's recruits. A couple of years ago that was a non issue. If Colorado can keep all their current commits and get a couple of flips (Jalen Harris for example) it will tilt heavily in their favor.

That's not the trade though. We got to get 3-5 Texas kids to move from home for every Colorado kid we get to stay at home. Just the way it is when you are recruiting kids 10+ hours drive from home.

In the overall I agree with you. Our history would indicate that if we want to be a consistent top 15-25 program we need to sign multiple quality kids out of Texas every year and they can't be leftovers.

Unfortunately when you recruit that kind of kid it will be harder to hold onto them because the Texas schools are going to do what they can to keep them.

My comment though just pertained to the balance of these two individual players changing their commitments.

I also think getting Moretti may be bigger than you are giving it credit for. Texas is a much bigger talent pool but we have to be getting the top in-state players as well. Getting a kid to stay home who had his offer list and his commitment can be used as a big message in upcoming years.

I also think getting Moretti may be bigger than you are giving it credit for. .

Nope. Moretti is huge.

But keeping the best kids in Colorado is mice nuts compared to the work we have to do in Texas and other states. AZ and Utah have way more prospects. In fact, one high school in Las Vegas probably has more prospects, the one you think we should skip!

It's a high schooler. Depending on the person, it is a very whimsical age. I'm also a firm believer that Twitter represents a very small portion of what actually happens.
I agree with all of that for sure, and you're not telling me anything I'm not very aware of. As a coach of high schoolers, I try to instill a standard of basic decency, and work everyday to help them meet it and excel beyond on the athletic field. Many do, but too many don't. As I mentioned, I hope he de-committed gracefully in private at least. I would've liked to have him stick with CU, but hopefully he's doing what's best for him and his family.

I noticed Adams re-followed him yesterday, and the CU coaches were in DeSoto, so I'm sure we haven't given up here but he's not the one to convince.

I noticed Adams re-followed him yesterday, and the CU coaches were in DeSoto, so I'm sure we haven't given up here but he's not the one to convince.
4564_2.jpg

Back