What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

Comparing Nixon to the fastest man in the world says more about Nixon. The fact that he is 2.5 MPH slower than Usain Bolt while wearing pads and a helmet (remember, the coach said they did this in a game), tells me everything I need to know. Dude is jimmy johns.

If you want to compare him to someone, think guys like De'Anthony Thomas.
It's almost as if some really smart, handsome, incredibly funny, and likeable guy already made that comparison.

That's funny you say that, because when I watched his film the first thing I thought about was De'Anthony Thomas. Similar stature, speed, and shiftiness.

It's almost as if some really smart, handsome, incredibly funny, and likeable guy already made that comparison.
Must not have been on this site.

Nixon looks like one of those guys you don't stick to one position. Make the opponents not only prepare for him but do so not knowing where he is going to coming at them from.

I love the idea of having a guy who is a threat to turn any play into a long TD.

Who cares who he can be compared to? That speed is ridiculous. We need this guy. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Comparing Nixon to the fastest man in the world says more about Nixon. The fact that he is 2.5 MPH slower than Usain Bolt while wearing pads and a helmet (remember, the coach said they did this in a game), tells me everything I need to know. Dude is jimmy johns.
Freaky fast, freaky good!

Assuming he commits and signs, his immediate nick name will be Jimmy Johns

Finishing up my interview with DeSoto head coach Todd Peterman. I'll post a link when it's live. Here's what he had to say about K.D. Nixon.

“He’s simply explosive. We play him at receiver, put him in at running back as well, kind of a do-all kid for us. We use a GPS on our kids; he hit 25.3 miles per hour in one of our games. He’s an incredible kickoff, punt return player. He can make an immediate impact there. He’s compact and strong, very explosive.”
images

The DeSoto guys play tonight so I assume they'll take a flight in the morning

EB isn't exactly tall either. Troutman was short too. Doesn't matter really, a lot of times it's an advantage. KD would be a huge get.

I thought BJ was saying that he was the one wearing heels, seemed a little cryptic to me.

Height doesn't have to be a liability in football. It's not like he wants to play left tackle or tight end.
Certain positions height is important, in his case, it doesn't matter.

Kid would be electric in this offense. Anybody remember what Jakeem Grant did at TT?
And that's exactly how I expect Chev plans to use him if he comes here. Good to see we've now established KD Nixon is the same height as the obvious comparisons for him are.

Back