What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CA ATH Toa Taua (Verbal to Nevada)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

B6JPkH4CUAAFNDt.jpg

Lompoc HS (Lompoc, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/theToaTaua

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 207
40: 4.79

247s rating: 4*-90 grade; #19 ATH (#292 overall)
ESPN rating: 3*-75 grade; #90 ATH
Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OLB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8632 / #63 ATH / #730 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Cal, Hawaii, Iowa State, Nevada, New Mexico, New Mexico State, SDSU, SJSU, UNLV, Utah State, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
Hagan recruiting. As I watched the film, I fell in love with this prospect. Football player.

Damn...because of the hair I can't help but think Troy Polamalu. Looked really good running the ball

Hagan recruiting. As I watched the film, I fell in love with this prospect. Football player.

Definitely a football player. Appears to be a bit of a tweener, but no denying the kid has a feel for how to make guys miss, and doesn't shy from contact.

Definitely a football player. Appears to be a bit of a tweener, but no denying the kid has a feel for how to make guys miss, and doesn't shy from contact.

I like this kid, and see him as RB. You said Borghi is RB all the way. Toa is slightly taller and thicker...why do you see him as a tweener?

I like this kid, and see him as RB. You said Borghi is RB all the way. Toa is slightly taller and thicker...why do you see him as a tweener?
I also see him as a RB. I think we're looking at a change on offense to having more of a power back as an up-back in a 2 back set. Bisharat this year to complement Lindsay and a guy like Taua coming in with Borghi. I don't think we'll be recruiting H-Back type TEs any more (this replaces it and gives a lot more versatility), but will stick to Y TEs (hand on the ground guys who can split out to the slot but won't try to do fullback type stuff).

I don't think he's as fast as Borghi. And I also saw athletic fullback.
He's definitely not as fast as Borghi. To me, he seems like BB 2.0. If they are moving to a 2 back system, with one being more in a power back mold as nik suggested, then looks like a good pairing with Borghi. I don't see him as a full time RB in the PAC 12 though.

RB all the way, he's the whole package. And he runs violently! Really like that.

Last edited:
He has really good foot work. Very physical kid, gets downhill quickly. If he doesn't run by ya, he's certainly not afraid to go through ya. I lol'd at some of his blocks, geez man. Dude is a football player for sure. Love to have him.

Back