What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CA S L.J. Wallace (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

6_5469046.JPG

Buhach Colony HS (Atwater, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/22duwurk

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 187
40: 4.47

247s rating: 3*-81 grade; #134 S
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #53 S
Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked CB

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8351 / #110 S / #1391 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Cal, Fresno State, Nevada, Oregon State, SJSU, Utah State, Wyoming

Last edited:
Protected twitter, so not much on social media. Adam with an article on the offer: http://www.scout.com/college/colorado/story/1778401-colorado-jumps-top

"Colorado is definitely my favorite now," said the versatile 6-foot-3, 190-pounder. "I like their coaching staff a lot and the corners that have come out of there, especially Ahkello Witherspoon, that has definitely caught my eye. Ahkello came from one of my 7-on-7 teams, the TMP Elite, so I know him pretty well. I have always liked Colorado."

My guess is that any DB (outside of very rare exceptions) who wants to commit is going to have to work out for the coaches in person at a camp next month.

Atwater is a central valley, rural small town. Not too far away from major metro areas to get into camps and 7-7 tournaments, but not like he is in LA or major NoCal hotbeds. It will be interesting to see his 40 times.

Cal offered and I think they may end up being tough competition for his signature.

http://www.modbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article159514869.html

Lavon Wallace’s stock is on the rise.

To prove it, all you have to do is look at the e-mail inbox folder or voicemail list belonging to Buhach Colony High football coach Kevin Navarra. The Thunder coach has been flooded with inquiries since National Signing Day in February.

One recruiter told Navarra that Wallace, who is a 6-foot-3, 190-pound defensive back, is among the top handful of athletes in the 2018 class from Sacramento to Bakersfield.

“The Cal coach that came by told me if Lavon was in Southern California going to a school like St. John Bosco, he would be a national recruit with 30 offers,” Navarra said.

“Colorado came in and watched film on him,” Navarra said. “You could tell it was something different with Colorado because he made extra stops. Cal has been here two or three times. San Jose State has been by three or four times. John Rushing from Oregon State has stopped in. Washington has been here.

“They love his size. At 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds they like his build. He has great numbers in the weight room. He’s a physical defensive back. He reminds me a little of Aaron Cochran. He’s not very talkative. He’s pretty reserved and shy. If you go in my room there could be 30 kids in there and he’ll be in the corner watching football videos. He’s not a big talker like Aziz or Matt.”

Wallace says he’d like to start taking visits and hopes to schedule a trip to Colorado this month. He may not make his decision until after the football season.

He looks pretty athletic. Should be a good FS. Hoping he has very good ball skills. Videos look solid.

Does he have a commitable offer? the only reason I ask is because he seems like he would have committed by now if he had one

Back