What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CA WR Geordon Porter

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

DCPdCj1VoAAjqRd.jpg

Etiwanda HS (Etiwanda, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeordonPorter

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 175
40: 4.57

247s rating: 3*-89 grade; #57 WR (#381 overall)
ESPN rating: 3*-78 grade; #115 WR
Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #68 WR

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8809 / #78 WR / #464 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona State, Cal, CSU, Duke, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Purdue, SJSU, Tennessee, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
"Colorado was actually better than I thought it was going to be, to be honest. I liked the overall environment around there. The people seem really nice, the mountains are pretty, and the facilities are great. Everything around there is close to the football facilities, so you don't have to go all-around campus to get your work in. I just liked the way Boulder is and you have Denver just 30 minutes away. Everything there is really close and nice. And the offense they run would be great for me as a receiver. It is just a nice school overall."

http://www.scout.com/college/colorado/story/1785154-porter-recaps-cu-visit

"Colorado was actually better than I thought it was going to be, to be honest. I liked the overall environment around there. The people seem really nice, the mountains are pretty, and the facilities are great. Everything around there is close to the football facilities, so you don't have to go all-around campus to get your work in. I just liked the way Boulder is and you have Denver just 30 minutes away. Everything there is really close and nice. And the offense they run would be great for me as a receiver. It is just a nice school overall."

http://www.scout.com/college/colorado/story/1785154-porter-recaps-cu-visit
At least he didn't say "cute."

I think we definitely take another WR, as long as he's a stud. We are playing 4 on average, so there's no question that we take 3 minimum (IMO). Even if Stanley is a WR.
Yeah I think it is more of insurance in case someone flips. You have to keep in mind we essentially took 5 WRs last year with brown transferring in. Then we have 3 graduating this year and bringing in 2 would be plenty after overloading.

Yeah I think it is more of insurance in case someone flips. You have to keep in mind we essentially took 5 WRs last year with brown transferring in. Then we have 3 graduating this year and bringing in 2 would be plenty after overloading.
Graduate 3 this year (Bobo Fields and Ross)
Graduate 4 next year (Jaymac, Ento, Winfree and Walker)

That's 100% of our experience, and I assume they want at least 6 guys ready to go. Thinking out loud about 2019 roster:

Seniors: Brown, Huntley
Juniors: Shenault, Nixon
Sophs: Bell, Jackson (plus 1-2 from this 18 class).
RS Frosh: 1-2 from this 18 class

Sort of blows my mind that we have positions where we are thinking this far downstream. This is the way the big boys do it.... Should I pinch myself?

Footnote: Jackson has had 2 knee and 1 ankle surgery in 3 seasons.
Insurance: Not just against flipping, but attrition

Last edited:
I think we definitely take another WR, as long as he's a stud. We are playing 4 on average, so there's no question that we take 3 minimum (IMO). Even if Stanley is a WR.
Plus this kid looks like he has a build where he might turn into a lock down nfl type corner. Total speculation by me that this guy, or any of these WR recruits will switch positions, but this guy at least certainly looks like he has the HCMM corner build.

Back