What's new
  • Are you enjoying this unexpected coaching search as much as the administrators at Allbuffs? Do you too want to get the latest and most tenuous rumors delivered to you? Then consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including Barzil, Barzil 2, and super secret Barzil, along with neat avatars for your user! Also no more annoying ads from absinthe. COOL! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right. Make it happen!

'18 CO ATH Max Borghi (Signed to Washington State)

Bliff Cranch

Should be in the Fall of Hame
Club Member
I guess my point is we regularly, and for good reason, call out the ineffective recruiting on the lines we’ve seen from Bernardi, Adams, et al but the recruiting weakness at running back are almost as glaring. He was a great, all-time Buff player, but Hagan doesn’t deserve any passes as a coach or recruiter.

Go Buffs

I sure miss Dallas and Idot Buff
Club Member
I guess my point is we regularly, and for good reason, call out the ineffective recruiting on the lines we’ve seen from Bernardi, Adams, et al but the recruiting weakness at running back are almost as glaring. He was a great, all-time Buff player, but Hagan doesn’t deserve any passes as a coach or recruiter.
Well said. Not only Hagan, but HCMM, needs to be accountable. If we want to stay irrelevant, so be it. But if we want to get back to the upper echelon of college football, then we cannot allow guys like this to slip through our hands.

Sykobuff

Well said. Not only Hagan, but HCMM, needs to be accountable. If we want to stay irrelevant, so be it. But if we want to get back to the upper echelon of college football, then we cannot allow guys like this to slip through our hands.

Borghi takes CU to the upper echelon? I love his toughness and game but there's more important guys slipping through the cracks.

LongHaulBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Huge LOL!!! Max is not upper echelon talent.

Go Buffs

I sure miss Dallas and Idot Buff
Club Member
Only a freshman. We shall see. Get back to me in a couple of years. My point is we are the Wake Forest of the P12. Yippie. Get some recruiters in here.

Bliff Cranch

Club Member
Huge LOL!!! Max is not upper echelon talent.
He’s not yet, and may never be, upper-echelon, whatever that means. I’m saying he’s, as a true freshman, already better than all but one of the backs on the Buff roster, and it isn’t close. He would have been a good Buff for four years if they could have come to some agreement in his recruitment.

Bliff Cranch

Club Member
Remember that he’s a true freshman who is getting serious playing time for a pretty good team. McCaffrey was mostly a Special Teams player at Stanford as a Frosh. We’ll see in a year or two, but he was very similar to Christian in high school.
And he’s arguably one of the reasons they are a pretty good, perhaps really good, team.

LongHaulBuff

Club Member
Club Member
He’s not yet, and may never be, upper-echelon, whatever that means. I’m saying he’s, as a true freshman, already better than all but one of the backs on the Buff roster, and it isn’t close. He would have been a good Buff for four years if they could have come to some agreement in his recruitment.
Not sure he's better than Smith but okay. If he were on the CU roster he wouldn't be playing anyway.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Borghi takes CU to the upper echelon? I love his toughness and game but there's more important guys slipping through the cracks.
Couple of things. One is that he was recruited and had a committed scholarship to play football at CU. He backed out of it in part because he didn't like us recruiting other backs.

Secondly it isn't as if he was looked at as some kind of mega-talent. Washington State was his best other offer.

He is a good back at Washington State and is making an impact but at least a part of that is him being almost a perfect fit for the system Leach runs. There is no guarantee that he would be finding similar success in the CU system even if he were getting playing time. More than a few backs have had success in the Leach system who were not in high demand from other programs.

Creebuzz

Survives on seaweed and Natty Boh.
Club Member
What were the circumstances that led him to drop CU for Wazzu?
There was some speculation that maybe the last staff liked Broussard better. There was some speculation that Borghi wasn’t shown enough love in the recruiting game. There was some speculation that he liked the way he would be used in Leach’s offense.

In a nutshell, bad MacIntyre recruiting.

Last edited:

Fight CU

Club Member
Club Member
news here in Seattle reporting that Max is happy to see the pirate walk the plank Seems to think he will get more carries now