What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO ATH Max Borghi (Signed to Washington State)

Seems like we are already in a good spot with Borghi if we offer but the commitment from Moretti might help even more.

Some highlights from last night. The first 2 minutes are the appetizer for the play starting at 2:06...

agree with Nik. This guy's film reminds me of Wes Welker. I'd play him out of the slot and I would put the stress on the defense by using him with fly motion sweeps and out / scissor routes underneath. Imagine if you had a guy like KD Nixon out wide taking the top off of the defense and a player like this running underneath. It would be a great way to move the chains, kill coverages AND open up HUGE holes for the run game as safeties/corners would have to play deeper. Solid film and one to watch.

This year's Phillip Lindsey? Heart of a Buff leader. Effort and working harder for days, with more speed and talent.

This year's Phillip Lindsey? Heart of a Buff leader. Effort and working harder for days, with more speed and talent.
I don't think Borghi is slated for RB in college, unless he goes G5. I think he's a more athletic Jay MacIntyre out of the slot, with some occasional RB duties, ala Donovan Lee.

I don't think Borghi is slated for RB in college, unless he goes G5. I think he's a more athletic Jay MacIntyre out of the slot, with some occasional RB duties, ala Donovan Lee.
Curious as to why you don't think he's a RB?

Curious as to why you don't think he's a RB?
I guess he very well could be. RB is a tough position to judge what the staff is looking for, IMO, because there are so many different types. I've just seen some other stud RBs dominate Colorado high school competition, that weren't really recruited as a RB at the P5 level, save for Christian McCaffrey, who started out at Stanford as RB/WR, and he was 6 feet tall and over 200 lbs in HS. With CU probably only taking one or two RBs a year going forward, I just don't see Borghi being one of them, but I do believe he is still a dynamic player that should be offered as an ATH.

agree with Nik. This guy's film reminds me of Wes Welker. I'd play him out of the slot and I would put the stress on the defense by using him with fly motion sweeps and out / scissor routes underneath. Imagine if you had a guy like KD Nixon out wide taking the top off of the defense and a player like this running underneath. It would be a great way to move the chains, kill coverages AND open up HUGE holes for the run game as safeties/corners would have to play deeper. Solid film and one to watch.

I wonder if you could primarily use him out of the slot but also include some packages with him as a wingback. Give him some pitches or even some handoffs across the formation.

He looks like a guy who would be versatile enough to make those things work and give some DCs a whole other set of offensive options to worry about.

Who plays offense. I really don't know where you're getting the comparison. Because he's from Colorado?
I still recall listening to Orms destroy the opposition in his last HS game - as a running back. Poor old DBT doesn't remember why he remembers **** sometimes, but that doesn't mean he's always entirely wrong.

I hope Borghi can steer clear of the distractions Orms struggled a bit with.

I still recall listening to Orms destroy the opposition in his last HS game - as a running back. Poor old DBT doesn't remember why he remembers **** sometimes, but that doesn't mean he's always entirely wrong.

I hope Borghi can steer clear of the distractions Orms struggled a bit with.

Orms was a guy that was a borderline P5 athlete. He doesn't sniff the field on this years team. Size matters.

Who plays offense. I really don't know where you're getting the comparison. Because he's from Colorado?

Didn't Orms go off in the state championship game playing running back? There was a bit of debate here that he might get a look on the offensive side of the ball because of that.

Didn't Orms go off in the state championship game playing running back? There was a bit of debate here that he might get a look on the offensive side of the ball because of that.

Debate among fans, but he was a defensive recruit. He didn't have the speed or ball skills that Borghi has.

Borghi is a burner who fits as either a RB or slot WR.

Orms was a tough, short-area quickness guy who was a big hitter and projected to S or nickel.

In common: under-tall, white guys from Colorado.

Back